Long-term vs short-term memory--whatever works!

Bootcamp in Vancouver–what an absolutely brilliant idea Sandra! What do others here think?

I will mention it to members of the Welsh Society here, but I am sure we would be thrilled to give everyone a royal welcome. Our Welsh classes begin again this Thursday evening, so I will also mention it there.

So SSiWers–anyone for a trip to Vancouver? Is it on your ‘bucket list’? There are lots of places to stay that folk use for ‘camps’ and retreats, not to mention holiday cottages. On on Bowen Island (just a 20 minute ferry ride from Vancouver), there are beach cottages that accommodate 8 with their own kitchens and log fires, but also just 2 mins away from a couple of great pubs and a rustic cafe all of which offer excellent food.

Here is a place we often go:

Tempted?
Marilyn

2 Likes

I hope you know what you have started Aran–a remarkable ‘movement’ that reaches out to link so many people and provide an amazing means of allowing us to develop friendships as we grow in the use of Welsh. I find the SSiW approach quite brilliant and the mutual encouragement and curiosity marvellous!

DIOLCH o galon (see I am learning)
Marilyn

1 Like

Bless you! And thank you for saying that, but it seems from what I have gathered on your posts that you have had an amazing life, accomplished great things, served others well, and now offer wonderfully interesting contributions here.

Marvellous! Take a bow!

1 Like

Absolutely. Would also be tempted to open invite to any Welsh tutors. Obviously would have to find selves but mix with Vancouver could be just fantastic. Or of course a ‘Welsh pilgrimage’. Trail in Wakes - starter follow up. Come on folks who is going to Vancouver then? It would such fun and wonderful opportunity - worth a trip! I do not mind helping co ordinate folk from Wales!

2 Likes

Hugely so! But we probably need a fair chunk of time to settle down in our new home before Catrin will tolerate me having any new bright ideas…:wink:

I almost hate you!!! It is just so glorious!! And noway will I ever be able to come! Look, Marilyn fach, I have enough trouble with hiraeth for home without yearning for Vancouver as well!! :grinning:
As to your reply to me, you are quite wrong, I messed up more than I got right, I am naturally lazy, which showed all through my life, I never raised kids, but that was probably as well, as mine would have been dreigiau-babi and with my lack of patience, I’d have been the worst possible mother!

1 Like