Like like like!

Liking the new new forum! Thank you!! :smile:

Just wanted to say I too was hoping the thread could be reversed too so that the newer items were at the top of the page. As far as, “well, it does take you back to where you were in the discussion”–um, no it doesn’t! not for me!! I have to wait for it all to load and then scroll all the way down!

1 Like

oh nevermind–of course as soon as I complain it starts working!! (much like calling the helpdesk at work! :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Likewise! I admit to having been a die-hard newest-at-the-top user back in the days of the phpBB forum, and it’s something I wanted to implement for the homegrown one but was overruled! As for Discourse, this was brought up on their own forums:

https://meta.discourse.org/t/is-is-possible-to-reverse-the-conversational-flow-of-a-topic/9732

And the response from their devs was pretty much “not likely”. Maybe one day they’ll implement it, but I get the feeling that us order-reversers are in the minority generally, so the demand may not be high enough…

That reversed order must be against nature. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

Everyone seems to like topics listed in reverse order. Why does nobody want messages done the same way?

1 Like

That has me puzzled as well, it seems counter-intuitive to how people (i.e me, myself and I :wink: ) use applications like Discourse…

Because a thread is a (supposedly) coherent conversation, and one reads coherent units top-to-bottom.
A list of threads isn’t, and you’re generally interested in the new stuff, so close to the top makes sense. Top-posting within a thread reminds me of the old email signature.

Because it’s against the natural order of things.
Why is that?
Top posting
What’s the most annoying thing on the Internet?

4 Likes

I haven’t ended up in Cornish clicking on the Discuss button lately, but I just clicked on Learn instead and found myself back in good old SaySomethinginCornish :ghost:

Heh, and I got Dutch from that one also. :smile:

Good excuse to learn Kernewek: http://korhwythkevrinek.tumblr.com/post/83921627374/an-ynys-dhu-tintin-yn-kernewek-cornish