Lift Sharing Wales - Eisteddfods/Gigs/Events/Bootcamps đźš—

I thought that a general thread for car sharing in Wales would be useful. So if you’re attending an event/Bootcamp/Eisteddfod/Party/Gig, have room in your car and would like to offer a lift to another fellow SSiWer, then please use this thread to advertise your lift!

If using this thread to advertise an available lift or to seek a lift, then please remember, for your own safety, to only share private information such as phone numbers and addresses through private messages.

Diolch! :slight_smile:

9 Likes

I thought this thread might be useful in bringing together people who can offer or use lifts to and from Caernarfon for the party. (If the thread already exists, I’ll merge this into it) :smile:
Edit: “Great minds think alke” :smile:

To kick off, I shall be leaving Ystrad Meurig at about noon on Friday 31/5/19 and, depending on stops, should arrive in Caernarfon about 3 pm.
My route will go through (or near) Aberystwyth, Machynlleth, Dolgellau, Trawsfynydd, Porthmadog.
The return will be the same route in reverse and I shall be leaving Balaclava Road Car Park at about 1:30 pm on Sunday 2/6/19 and arriving in Aberystwyth about 3 hours later.
( If there’s no demand on the Dolgellau-Trawsfynydd section, I’d be happy to go via Barmouth and Harlech)

If you’d like a lift to or from the party, please let me know by PM which leg and where you’d liked to be picked up and dropped.

I’d enjoy your company. :smile:

2 Likes

I’d be happy to share transport and fuel costs, but as I have a car, no problem if others need a lift!

I’ve “pencilled” you in. We can confirm things nearer the time. :smile:

Ah! I should have found this thread before posting elsewhere. Here I go again…

I’ll be driving to the party from Birmingham, going up on Friday 31st May and not coming back until Sunday 9th June, so probably a better offer for people staying on for the bootcamp or not planning to come back the same way.

I’ll probably go via Chester on the A41, or via Shrewsbury, Wrecsam and Oswestry on the A5. Other routes are available. I’ve not really made firm travel plans yet, but will factor in any enquiries as I do!

1 Like

Mea Culpa - dim ti :smile:

I’m travelling from Llanelli on Thursday 30th May and returning on Monday 3rd June.
I will be leaving Llanelli at about 10am and making my way up slowly. Stopping off in Machynlleth for a cuppa in Caffi Alys. Happy to accommodate a couple of others en route. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

I am a complete twmffat!!!

I’ve just started another thread doing just this and didn’t see this… Sorry @HuwJones - dw i ddim wedi deffro yn iawn eto!

1 Like

“twmffat” is new to me. I guess it means “totally awesome” :laughing:

Since your thread has a wider application than mine and includes a neat car icon in the title, I’ll merge my thread into yours.
“Great minds like yours, @Isata’s and mine (??) think alike” :smile:

3 Likes

Thank you as always for your generosity Huw, you are a gentleman.

Twmffat - often used in Welsh to mean idiot. Here’s what a twmffat is… SX425

Now back to the business of lift sharing… :wink:

4 Likes

…Ah, so you funnel scattered particles enthusiasm and friendliness across the world into the rich concentrate of supportive wonderfulness that is SSiW… What a great twmffat you are!

4 Likes

I’ll now be driving to the party from Birmingham, as I’ll still be based here till at least the end of June. Tentatively exploring whether anyone would want a lift? This would probably suit bootcampers better, as I’ll be going up on Friday 31st May and not coming back until Sunday 9th June. One-way trips also on offer, if you like! (Well, Catrin and Aran’s mojito nights can get out of hand…)

I’ll probably go via Chester on the A41, or via Shrewsbury, Wrecsam and Oswestry on the A5. Other routes are available. I’ve not really made firm travel plans yet, but will factor in any enquiries as I do!

1 Like

I’d be happy to see if we can arrange a return together, a lift back might be great, but I’m already booked in to a place for arrival in Caernarfon on the Thursday.

1 Like

I’ll message you, Lorna. In the meantime, I think everything lift related is being focused in this thread: Lift Sharing Wales - Eisteddfods/Gigs/Events/Bootcamps 🚗

(I don’t know what to do about my random shouting about lifts here, so if someone wants to clean up, please feel free…)

1 Like

someone wants to clean up, please feel free…)

Your wish was my command :smile:

1 Like

Perhaps I could join you at Machynlleth if you are not already full?

1 Like

Definitely Lorna! I’d be delighted to have your company from Machynlleth. :revolving_hearts:

1 Like

Helo pawb. I will be seeking a ride from Machynlleth to the July bwtcamp on 20 July, in case anyone is going that way and can fit me in. I’ll have a backpack. :smile: