Latest details - Rescue mission for Saith Seren

Aran,
Sorri, I miscalculated in my previous reply about a million pound house! I have just done some calculations and one could get a 3 year discounted variable rate 25 year term mortgage (with Bath building society) on a property worth £350,000 and with a £20,000 deposit for £1,862 per month including set-up fees. Some of the £20, 000 deposit may have to be raised as a separate loan. I know it is more complex than paying rent but at least the property would eventually be owned in perpetuity.
Nick

1 Like

Great news! We need to keep up the momentum! I’m looking forward to getting the registration form on paper from the Saith Seren so that I can go after those who aren’t online, or for whatever reason haven’t registered as yet. I know quite a number of people who just need that extra bit of persuasion and a push to get them to fill the form!

2 Likes

Thanks, Nic, really appreciate your input on this, and will be passing your comments on - I know they are looking at that kind of scenario, and it’s clear that ownership would be a much better long-term option, so fingers crossed we can get to that point :sunny:

As of this morning, we’re up to a total of 113 pledges, so over £13.5k per year - another good couple of weeks and we’ll be right on the verge of making this happen…

www.SaySomethinginWelsh.com/saithseren

5 Likes

Good on ya Aran

I will commit to 10 pound [ aussie keyboard ] per month as a one 12 month payment. I already pay a monthly fee to ssiw through pay pal, can I use this system and you sort it out your end.
Diolch Dale

4 Likes

I’ll do the same, if this method works

3 Likes

Brilliant, diolch Dale and Louis - yes, that will certainly work - we’ll sort out the Paypal details if the campaign gets to the point where Saith Seren decide to keep their doors open :sunny: :star2:

1 Like

Then count me in here too. I rather have PayPal then bank thingy … :slight_smile: especially if it can be sorted out as regular payment contract.

4 Likes

Hi not sure if this is the right place to post, but if people are in the area there’s what looks like a good night in the Saith Seren bank holiday monday, the Welsh learners night. Good chance to meet other learners plus it’s free too :slight_smile: :

NOSON WERIN GYMREIG! WELSH FOLK NIGHT!
NOSON RHAD AC Ȃ CHASGLIAD O’I CANEUON
yng nghwmni “Y BAND ARALL” SAITH SEREN, WRECSAM 7:30yhNOS LUN, 4ydd MAI 2015

You are very welcome to join the Saith Seren sesiwn siarad group on Monday
4th May to enjoy the company of “Y Band Arall” at 7:30 pm.

3 Likes

I’m hoping to be there, it should be good!

1 Like

Keep up to date with what’s happening at:

http://savesaithseren.tumblr.com/

Deadline reduced to May 12th for the Board to make their decision - still need about £1k more per month, but more supporters are rolling in.

Pledge £10 a month:

https://dashboard.gocardless.com/api/paylinks/0W52J43PPG

Latest state of play:

We’re up to about £26.5k a year in pledges and other support - we need to raise £790 a month (so 79 more pledges at £10 each) in the last 8 days - need to hit the target by the board meeting on the 12th…

Please share/spread as widely as possible on social media! And/or pledge:

https://dashboard.gocardless.com/api/paylinks/0W52J43PPG

4 Likes

Just pledged my £10 and shared the WordPress blog with 5 of my welsh speaking (ish) friends.

3 Likes

Brilliant, thank you so much! :star: :star2:

Latest News:

It’s been a remarkable couple of days.

We’re now up to £2770 in monthly pledges - so we just need another 23 supporters by Tuesday, and Saith Seren will be staying open. :sunny: :sunny:

10 Likes

Listened to Radio Cyrmru this morning and fantastic news, Saith Seren is staying OPEN. Aran SSIW got mentioned . I’m really exited… Wrecsam …here we come . Can’t wait to visit Saith Seren on my next jaunt to Wales SOOH HWRA, Beth am Parti ?

3 Likes

I’ve seen this on FB yesterday late at night shared by @aran and SSiW FB site and shared immediately. My hear almost exploded out of excitement and joy!

Now I just hope tomorrow Saith Seren comity says their YES too.

I hope one day … I’ll be able to visit this place.

Coffi gwyn pan dwi’n dod, plis. :slight_smile:

Yup, we did it - thanks to the huge initial momentum from SSiWers, and then thanks to the huge widening support in Wrecsam itself and throughout Wales, with Cymdeithas yr Iaith and the Mentrau Iaith and CantaMil Vintage in Cardiff and BestofWales and huge amounts of hard work from volunteers, especially Chris Evans in Wrecsam - it’s been a remarkable effort, and the board are now well-placed to continue with their plans to turn it into an even more successful centre than it already was… :sunny: :thumbsup:

7 Likes

That’s such great news! Drinks all round! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Now I IMPATIENTLY wait for details for us foreigners how to give this money.

1 Like

Newyddion bendigedig!! :slight_smile: :clap:

1 Like

Dw i mor hapus!!!
Mae pawb wedi geneud gwaith ardderchog!!!:slight_smile:

1 Like