Intense weekend

No, it didn’t. You might be able to find people who’d suggest that I actually spoke less than normal that day, because of having to spend time listening to the prompts…:wink:

Very impressed you’re not tired on day 3, though - on day 3, I was still feeling extremely sorry for myself!

5 Likes

This one, with a strong dose of self-pity at being so tired… :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Oh, hey, I was looking through your blog posts to try to find a book you once mentioned (might need it for an essay) and I bumped into that post about how blindfolding could help with doing SSi lessons. That made me realise I forgot to mention something about my weekend.

So, I had one of those night masks you put on your face if you want to sleep on an airplane and thought I’d see if it could help me concentrate more. I remembered the post, and the comment by Susanna about how it didn’t help her.

I noticed that it helped me a lot in the beginning, but that after some challenges (not sure how many, maybe 5 or 6) I started to get really restless and couldn’t focus. At that point I took the mask off and was able to concentrate really easily again. Then, again, after a couple of challenges I noticed that it was starting to get difficult to concentrate, so I put it back on. Repeated this until I was done, pretty much.

I know the post is a few years old and I have no idea what happened (if anyone ever got around to testing more or things like that), but I thought I’d mention it since I remembered :smiley:

2 Likes

Believe me when I say that Aran is used to talking … a lot. Am I right @CatrinLliarJones, or am I right? :joy:

4 Likes

Ww, that’s fascinating… no, I’ve never done more with this… I suspect the emotional response will be more significant than the learning response - but it’s really, really interesting to hear that you tried it, and that your feelings about it varied… I’ll definitely be referring to you when talking to other people… :slight_smile: :star: :star2:

1 Like

I think people’s minds must work in different ways. Susanna reported blindfolding didn’t help? Well, I caused much hilarity once over the phone by saying, “Hang on, I’ve still got my sunglasses on and I can’t hear you!” Somehow, in the dark, all my senses seem to get muted!! I know it isn’t supposed to work like that, but it does for me!

4 Likes