How to Format your Post

S’mae Diane,

See the cheatsheet here.

Hwyl,

Stu

Looking at the Trello board, I see embedded videos in the plan.

Thanks for the great information in this thread, but that reminds me: Can we have a HELP system please? (something both new and old users would benefit from).

@Aran: No, of course it is not hard to type an “@” sign, but that’s not the point at all. The ability to quote means that we can reply very precisely to specific points, i.e. content (which I agree is the most important thing - not silly colours etc).

I can see already in this thread which now has 41 replies, examples where it’s not all all clear what point(s) people are replying to and also very often, exactly where in the thread they made that/those point(s)… On other forums (and I’m pretty sure in the old forum) this is very easy (at least if used intelligently).

Yes, over-quoting is messy, but that doesn’t mean you ban quoting. - you educate people to do it properly. Driving a car and crossing the street can be dangerous, but we don’t ban it - we teach people to do it properly. I’d hope this spirit would be supported in a forum devoted to learning…

And may I repeat the request for a HELP facility. Diolch.

I think that it would be more helpful to submit your feature requests via the Trello board Mike. The appropriate postings about this system are here.

Hwyl,

Stu

Mike Ellwood wrote: Can we have a HELP system please? (something both new and old users would benefit from).

How’s this?
https://docs.google.com/document/d/12CV5e441pl3xyotVC8l4tqXFb7jQqjOC7Ulzj6SVkUk/pub

It’s been culled from things posted to the forum (including this thread).

It’s a google doc. Here’s the edit link:

Anyone with the link can edit, meaning that everyone here is free to improve what took me about 20 minutes to copy and paste.

That is truly superb, James. I take my hat off to you! :seren-aur:

What a public-spirited and helpful contribution, James.
It’s people like you who make this forum in its old and new manifestation so effective.
Diolch o galon

Gwaith ardderchog, James! Defnyddiol iawn. Well done!