Helpful video - Get up to speed with 'Rownd a Rownd'

Are you learning northern Welsh*? Would you like a regular soap opera to watch, but don’t know who the heck everyone is? Here’s a helpful video from the producers of Rownd a Rownd (set on Ynys Môn) giving a precis of the stories from the last six months, so that you know who’s who and what’s been going on: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1QdIRctTh8M

Both English and Welsh subtitles available via the S4C Clic Player.

*Also useful for those who have been learning southern Welsh but would like to get their heads around some of the differences, perhaps?

7 Likes

I don’t know,whether I’m cut out for such passionate goings on, despite my wild-ish life as a teenager in the '50s and 60s. I must have led a sheltered wild life. It looks as if I’ll have to give it a go, seeing that I’m after northern authenticity.

1 Like

Does such a thing exist for Pobol y Cwm? I’ve been watching for a couple of months now and have just about got most characters’ names straight, but there’s plenty that’s just… okay, why? What happened between x an y, what did z do in the past that’s such a big deal…? Etcetera.
Going into the “middle” of a story is really not my thing; I am a completist and like to see all the episodes ever, in order, so this feels weird. However, it’s something with a lot of episodes and always more coming and they’re short… all good things for learners. So I’m trying.

I think you’ll struggle with that with PyC - it’s been running since 1974!
Have a look at these to see if it helps -

Yes, I know! So I have to let it go and just watch what’s on now. Believe me, if all episodes were available, I’d try to watch them all! I mean, each one is very short, right?! :rofl:
The Cwmderi Diary blog is a seriously impressive work. The dedication! Almost a shot-by-shot of every episode for ten years!!! It will take me a while to read through but I should have a much better idea of all the Who? What? When? and Why?s by the end, so diolch for linking that. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like