Hello from S4C

If you use a VPN Anne you should have no problems in watching S4C. VPNs are illegal to use in Russia, China, Iran and Turkey. That says it all really. They’re not illegal anywhere else unless you’re using them for one of those unpleasant things that nice people don’t do. :+1:

1 Like

Diolch, Ricardo. I’m looking into it, though I still wonder whether a subscription service for Welsh program, similar to Britbox here in the U.S., would be viable. It’s a small segment of the market, but the market itself is large. And if Dal Y Mellt takes off on Netflix, Americans might be interested in exploring more Welsh-produced programs. We’ve watched French and Italian art films with subtitles for decades, so that isn’t likely to stop anyone who’s really curious.

1 Like

Could I ask you a favour, @Anne-D? I’m wondering whether clips from programmes that we put up on social media are viewable outside of the UK, even if they don’t have international rights? Here’s an example of a clip we shared from Stori’r Iaith: Redirecting... Could you tell me if you are able to watch it from where you are? (Anyone else outside the UK is welcome to chime in too!)

Haia Sara, that Facebook clip you linked to was viewable to me, but from personal experience I know that clips published on Twitter are geo-blocked if the program itself is, too.

1 Like

Thanks, Hendrik - that’s really helpful :slight_smile:

Yes, Sara, I was able to play the clip, though I’m no longer on FB. I bow to Hendrik’s greater knowledge of Twitter.

1 Like

Super - diolch, Anne :smiley:

1 Like

I can watch it in Munich, South Germany.

Ffab - diolch / danke :slight_smile:

Why not join us on zoom this Wednesday. Sara Peacock will be joining us on Mid Week chat on Welsh Speaking Practice to discuss her role in S4C.

The zoom link is below:

3 Likes

Diolch Nia. Gobeithio byddai’n gallu ymuno chi.

1 Like