Hello from another newcomer to Welsh

Hi all - I’ve started the SSIW Level 1 a week ago and I wanted to say that I can’t believe how quickly I am picking things up and - most importantly - actually remembering them! It really is an instinctive way to learn - I find myself wandering round thinking the phrases from the lessons (on lesson 4 now) almost without realising it. This is from someone who was useless at languages at school, and with a pretty terrible memory. So thank you so much, this is an interesting and exciting and most of all a fun experience so far!

I looked around to see if there was a ‘hi I’m a newcomer’ thread, but couldn’t see one - if there is but i missed it, or I’ve posted in the wrong place, please let me know!!

Thank you and happy learning :smile:

11 Likes

Croeso i’r fforwm Samantha! Yes, you will find many affirmations here about what a great and effective tool SSIW is for learning Welsh. Lots of friendly folks and helpful information here too. Welcome and glad to have you join us all!

2 Likes

Croeso, Samantha! We are a friendly bunch here - let us know how you progress and don’t ever hesitate to ask if you have any questions! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Croeso Samantha, yes I am a relative beginner too joining in June, and I also am loving the course and like you am amazed at my progress given that I struggled to learn a minimal amount of French at school!

2 Likes

Yours will probably become the thread used by new folk!!
Croeso from, I think, the oldest crone on the Forum, infamous for snap judgements and strong opinions! @aran frequently has to tell me off (he does it very kindly and politely!). This is a wonderfully friendly Forum with really helpful people. I’m sure you will continue to progress, and when you hit a glitch, you’ll find a load of others have hit it and either climbed over it or worked around it or just ignored it, carried on and done just fine!!!

2 Likes

Thanks to all for making me feel so welcome :sunny:
I really like the ‘give it a shot, but if it doesn’t stick, do they worry you’ll get it eventually’ approach to learning, as it makes it so much more relaxing!
If I have any questions I now know where to come!

4 Likes

Our really helpful Tech expert from Slovenia, @tatjana currently visiting Cymru and at Bootcamp has shown me how to send you a link -
click here for useful help thread
Use the back arrow to return!

1 Like

Thanks @henddraig :slight_smile:

A very warm welcome to the forum, Samantha! :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

1 Like

…Talking of whom, I wonder how come she didn’t make it on to Radio Cymru this morning, along with Iestyn. I think RC missed a trick there! :slight_smile:

Yn wir iawn!!