Good stuff on S4C (Clic)

I haven’t been able to watch it yet. I tried at breakfast and lunch time, but it wasn’t showing on Clic yet. I don’t know why! I’ll be contacting S4C to ask them if it doesn’t show up soon.

Well, when you eventually get to see it, I will be fascinated to hear your opinion! It had me muttering ‘no’ at the tele!!

I’ve not seen it yet, but am looking forward to it. I think half the fun is that at least some of the characters are people you love to hate (and who are probably perfectly charming in real life - the actors I mean). One of the characters (I won’t say who), is a dead ringer for someone I know in real life, who although English, has exactly the same mannerisms and conversational tricks (allowing for the different language). A sort of educated “wide boy”, to use an old fashioned expression.

Well done, really enjoyed that. You’ve done the sort of thing that inspires me not to worry about speaking welsh. Reminds me of the quote along the lines of ‘Don’t waste energy asking yourself if you can do something. Just do it, you’ll surprise yourself’

1 Like

I may be on wrong thread. New program, started last week about Llys Nini HQ of RSPCA near Swansea. I am not sure about this. Lot about money raising. I am sure I remember a great controversy about the refurbishment cost of the house which was in no way of benefit,to the animals. Now it seems Llys Nini is not RSPCA although HQ is housed there. Anyone know anything?

People around here certainly link the two. It’s where we got our three legged one eyed dog from. Don’t know if it’s HQ though.

Relieved to hear of your dog. As I recall, when the fuss about cost of Llys Nini was rife, there was a lot about dogs being put down unnecessarily, based on a deaf dalmatian. Neighbours of family who had to give him up wanted him and rushed to RSPCA. “Oh, he;s been put down, He bit the Vet!” At the time, I had recently gained a very small dog, part Terrier, a bit if poodle or maybe a Bedlington cross. I was very shocked, being used to Cavaliers, that my vet was obliged to muzzle him in order to check him out! Being bitten in self-defence is part of life for a vet, so all have told me! So if, now, they keep 3 legged one-eyed dogs and re-home them, I am very pleased to be reassured!.
ps Last night’s program was rather about people, but hopefully more rescues will feature in ‘Llys Nini’.

1 Like

He went to meet his maker about 3 years ago but was with us for 8. He’d been there for six months before my husband met him and had been advertised in the local paper and on TV amd was going to be sent to London where the rescue centres have more visitors.

I’ve just caught up with that and really enjoyed. I was pretty impressed by the amount of Welsh I understood as well, or at least got the gist of. Seemed to be a touch easier maybe than some of the other S4C I’ve been watching? (or maybe that was an illusion as there was a fair smattering of english throughout as well)