Going GREEN - week 19 'QUESTION' recording **Red to Green badge** ❇ (Awarded Mondays)

I’ve sent a message to @Kinetic to ask if he can check for any issues here. Is it still a problem?

Oh dear, I seem to have pasted an email and not the recording I was supposed to have pasted! Sorry!

You’ve found the right place, so you’re halfway there. I’ve deleted the email for you :slight_smile:

Lots of technical problems! @JennySharples, @Morgan, @csilcock - We’ll wait for @Kinetic to have a look and see what’s wrong, as @Deborah-SSi said… sit tight everyone! @JennySharples, if you want to have another go ac copying the link, let us know how that goes! :slight_smile:

Hi everyone - as far as I can tell, with this issue, nothing seems to be wrong with the URLs themselves as such I’m afraid - I’ve tried it in a number of situations including using Sara’s account from above, and it always works fine for me. My best guess is that sometimes, for some people, it’s simply not copying anything at all. So when some of you are saying that it’s copying the wrong one, could it perhaps be that you already had that ‘wrong one’ on your clipboard? Or can anyone find a way to verifiably get it to replace known content on the clipboard with the specific wrong one? If I can find a way to reliably reproduce a problem here, I’ll be able to investigate, but otherwise I’m just guessing in the dark I’m afraid.

Assuming that it is a failure to copy, could I ask what kind of devices / browsers everyone’s using? I’ve tried it in several desktop browsers on my Mac, and a couple on my iPhone, and it’s worked fine everywhere so far.

Also, could you also try right-clicking (or long press, on a touchscreen device) and choosing the option to copy link from the menu that appears, rather than simply left-clicking/tapping the link button?

Cheers, sorry if some of the above is a bit unclear, I’m quite jetlagged atm :slight_smile:

2 Likes

[Going GREEN - week 19 'QUESTION' recording **Red to Green badge** ❇ (Awarded Mondays)

Simon Francis, I am not at all sure if this link is right. The copy link button kept telling me the link had failed to copy. Anyway I hope it is my question

Ooh, thanks very much @simon-francis - you have just accidentally pointed me in the direction of a discovery that I think might have something to do with this problem! Could you please try again now to copy your link, and see whether it works this time?

(Also, I’ve just fixed the link in your message so your question is now properly posted :))

1 Like

Hello @sysadmin. I have tried to copy it again with the chain icon. It still tells me that it failed to copy the link. It then tells me to right click and use the copy icon.
Thank you for fixing the link in my message and posting it correctly @simon-francis

Gwych @simon-francis! :partying_face::partying_face::partying_face: Do you have a red badge (5 minute test) recording somewhere as well? I can give you both your red and green badges then :slight_smile:

Hey @diana-hurlston! You seem to be having some problems with the link as well, could you try again, following @Kinetic’s advice? :slight_smile:

Also, could you also try right-clicking (or long press, on a touchscreen device) and choosing the option to copy link from the menu that appears, rather than simply left-clicking/tapping the link button?

Yes, l am reasonably sure I did that, l thought it had posted but I am really not very good with social media.

Strange, I can’t see it on your profile - would you mind trying to post it again? :slight_smile:

https://ssi-cyhoeddus.s3.amazonaws.com/uploads/recording/2580/6min_19_question.mp3

Gwych @diana-hurlston a @sarah-drew! :partying_face: :partying_face: :tada: :tada: Da iawn! :blush:

@sarah-drew - could you post your red badge recording in the thread and let me know here once you’ve done it? I’ll give you both your badges then. In the meantime, here’s some emoji badges! :green_circle: :green_circle:

(https://ssi-cyhoeddus.s3.amazonaws.com/uploads/recording/2460/6min_11_fullset.mp3)

Gwych @Morgan-Jones a @paul-griffith! Here are your green badges :slight_smile: