Free(ish) Bootcamp questions

For questions about the free(ish) post-party-10 Bootcamp… :slight_smile:

1 Like

I saw another thread about this with more details earlier but now I can’t find it - which section is it in?

1 Like

Do you mean this one? (or is there another?) Free(ish) Bootcamp - after the 10th birthday party

2 Likes

I’m probably going to be around then and could come hang out but don’t know whether I could stay for the whole week, and because of that also don’t know whether I could eat out on Wed/Fri (Really want to go volunteer on Ynys Enlli and have no idea whether it’s going to work).

Should I express interest in the other thread? Can I just come along on some days and not others, or leave in the middle of the week?

1 Like

Similar to Novem as, at the moment, I couldn’t confirm being able to be there the whole week so would that be a problem? I am staying in the Premier Inn until the Monday so could also carry on staying there but would prefer to be with everyone else, so what kind of accommodation would be booked and would it be far from the Premier Inn?

1 Like

Happy to have people come on some days and not others, or for part of the week etc - but in that case I’d be grateful if you could sort out your own accommodation, so that I don’t get caught up in the extra complications/uncertainties… :slight_smile:

Don’t know much about the accommodation yet - depends on the numbers to a large extent - but I’d imagine we’ll be looking mostly for shared houses with everyone getting their own room (although it might open up some extra options if people note if they’d be happy to share a room)… :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thanks! I’m considering staying for the whole week now so I have a few more questions, sorry :smile:

When would the shared house thing happen? Is the Saturday already bootcamp? Or would it start on Monday?

BTW, you might want to go through the Parti 10 thread where people expressed interest for the bootcamp and tag them, lots of people might have missed the other thread :slight_smile:

I’m thinking Saturday to Saturday… :slight_smile:

Other expressed interest - yup, that would be ideal - bit pressed for time right now, though, so my current plan is to organise for the people who notice and put their hands up in the thread…:slight_smile:

1 Like

Sounds good!

1 Like

Okay, my boss green-lighted my days off work, so I am going to Wales! I am planning to fly in on the Thursday before the party and to stay until the Sunday of the following week. (I know it’s far from certain I’ll even be at the party. I am sure I’ll find something to keep me occupied beth bynnag :slight_smile: )

Seeing as I’d probably need accomodation for longer than other party-goers/bootcampers I am leaning towards booking my own accomodation. So my go-to travel agent suggested the hotel “Tegfan”, as it is pretty central and reasonably priced (around €50 per night with breakfast), but some Google reviews are less than flattering.

@aran, do you have any idea what kind of price I’d have to expect with the lodgings you are planning?

Does anyone have any helpful information about Hotel Tegfan that would help my decision?

4 Likes

Glad you can make it. See you next year. :grin:

2 Likes

Nope, not sure at this point, I’m afraid - hope to start chasing options down next month :slight_smile:

1 Like

Did I imagine it or did I read somewhere that this bootcamp is for people who have already done one ?

If I remember correctly that was only true for the mini-bootcamp-weekend that Iestyn organized in July in place of the proper bootcamp which didn’t get enough participants.

1 Like

Nope, happy to include anyone who’d like to be there for this one… :slight_smile:

Now I’m signed up for the party can I stay for the boot camp ? What had already been organized?

2 Likes

Yes, you absolutely can - we’ve got a list up at the top somewhere to say you’re going to be there, and to ask to be part of the group accommodation booking… :slight_smile:

As this is questions about the freeish boot camp, I have one. I have set myself the challenge of ascending Yr Wyddfa this year, and that week would be a good time. Does anyone want to come with me? Monday or Tuesday would be best as I’m staying Friday to Wednesday.

2 Likes

I’ll join!

2 Likes

Depending on the arrangements for the week I would like to do this too.

2 Likes