Eisteddfod Genedlaethol 'Meifod' 2003 - 2015

The gweithgareddau/activities booklet is available online: http://www.eisteddfod.org.uk/uploads/publications/1569.pdf

It looks like it will be £1 to buy a paper copy at the Eisteddfod.

3 Likes

I have no fear of Tent Codi-ing :wink: Powys buses in the other hand…

But Catrin to the rescue there too!

The Ar Y Maes app isn’t bad, just been potching, also has the activities list.

Any suggestions from the locals on worthwhile day trips in the area or good walking routes? I always like to explore as well as do the Maes. The 'steddfod has sort of become me excuse for visiting bits of Wales I otherwise probably wouldn’t!

4 Likes

We’re meeting Leia tomorrow afternoon to hand over the big tent and pitch! It’s not a complicated or difficult pitch, just a time consuming and tiring one, and back breaking if you already have spinal issues - so not great for Aran

We’ve just come back from a 3 day trip with the kids and the pitching has taken its toll on Mr J’s back. So we now have our sights firmly fixed on a ‘smart air’ tent for next spring - wincingly expensive, but necessary if we are to continue camping as a family. The kids love the adventure of camping so much, and we’ve really got in to the swing of it (4 trips last year and 1 so far this year). It would be a real shame to have to stop.

Leia and Dee will be very comfortable in the tent. We’ve used her twice now in heavy rains and gale force winds and apart from the noise, we were no worse off - very warm and dry. She is also very spacious, has a large living area with carpet and separate porch for cooking - ideal!

I can’t be as enthusiastic about the facilities in Maes C though. Having having several times fallen on the mercy of friends’ spacious caravans and awnings for ‘make do’ accommodation in the past, and spent one entire working week on Maes C in a rather small caravan, I’ve never had the pleasure of a 100% warm and clean shower from beginning to end! :fearful:

1 Like

The Maes Carafannau never seems to get the showers right. Often I’ve found myself going onto the maes dirty in the morning and then returning to the caravan site for a shower in the afternoon when the water pressure is better. We’re staying on the Cymdeithas site this tear, so it will be interesting to see if they can get the showers working better. If not, I suppose we could sneak into the rugby changing rooms!

Funny you should ask…

http://mentromeifod.co.uk/

1 Like