Eisteddfod Genedlaethol 2024 - Pontypridd

I thought there was already a thread for this, but apparently not :smile:

Go to Maes B Tickets to get yours!

1 Like

294362d2878890fe167497bc1bbfe533f8178e7563017132ec259173a2d4e4be

If you’re waiting to book your place on the caravan or camping site, it’s not long now! Bookings open on St David’s Day - March 1st - THIS FRIDAY!!

Eisteddfod Caravan and Camping Site 2024

The Caravan and Camping Park is located at Pontypridd within easy walking distance of the Eisteddfod field.

The price for a caravan pitch for the week is £365 (including electricity supply). The cost is £190 (or £110 for the last 4 nights) for a tent pitch (without electricity) on the Campsite.

There is also an option to pay for your Caravan or Tent pitch in 3 instalments.

Caravan and Camping Site Bookings

https://www.southwales.ac.uk/business-services/conferencing-facilities/accommodation-group-residential-bookings/eisteddfod-2024/

Or, if you’d prefer a real bed for the night, there’s university accommodation nearby for not much more, if you’re a single person willing to share a flat. I’m feeling I’m likely to go that way.

1 Like

The plans show Eisteddfod 2024 prime locations, which include:

Y Maes: Parc Ynysangharad, Pontypridd.
Maes B: Pontypridd High School Fields. 
Caravan Park and Camping: Private land between Pontypridd a Glyn-coch.

Lleoliad Eisteddfod Genedlaethol 2024 | Eisteddfod

Come and join our friendly team of volunteers in Pontypridd.

We offer full training for everyone and we’ll be there to support you every step of the way.

Volunteering | Eisteddfod for more information

As you know this year’s Eisteddfod will take place in central Pontypridd and we’re busy ensuring the Eisteddfod will be as great as ever.

As we finalise our plans, it would be appreciated if you
could take a few minutes to complete the following questions in relation to transport and accommodation arrangements
so that we can help ensure the event is a great experience for all.

Click HERE to fill in this survey in English - Respond before May 17

Cliciwch YMA i ateb yr arolwg yn Gymraeg

The lower rate for Eisteddfod tickets comes to an end tomorrow - 14 June - so you’ll have to be quick to get those.

Don’t miss out on the opportunity to grab your Maes entry tickets at a discounted price.

Early bird prices come to an end Friday 14 June at 23:59.

Order yours today!

Click here to buy your tickets

SOME INFO ON EISTEDDFOD PERFORMERS

THE FULL PROGRAMME SHOULD BE ANNOUNCED TOMORROW - FRIDAY 14TH!!

1 Like

I have a question for Eisteddfod experts here!

Speaking of gigs…my understanding is:

• these in the previous post are headliners in the stage in the main Festival area where you have access with the Eisteddfod ticket, correct?

Then are there usually other gigs in the main Festival area?

Then, there is Maes B that’s somewhere else and with a different ticket, is it?
I’ve just noticed right now that there’s actually already a programme, so I guess I can share it here too:

By the way I hadn’t seen this thread earlier, so After so many people telling me that as a Welsh language learner I have to go to the Eisteddfod, I decided to try it for once.

Then, while I’m there, why not getting the full experience and get the chance to help a bit? (And to be honest also because knowing myself, I guess I’ll probably get bored of just walking around stands, and listening to talks anyway :sweat_smile: ) I also applied to volunteer.
So we’ll see how it all goes! :smiley:

@margaretnock I guess you’ll be around and I’l be happy to meet you again, especially now that I don’t hang out around Carmarthen any more (and maybe you have a few tips about volunteering too as I have no idea of what it’s going to involve! :wink:

1 Like

yep, that’s right. Those are the all on the main stage on the Maes (the main festival field).

yep, all over the place!

Yes, Maes B is the youth camping field, and that’s a separate ticket but I think you may be able to get tickets just for the gigs not the camping-with-gigs-included - not 100% sure though.

There are usually gigs organised by Cymdeithas Yr iaith too - these are held in a separate venue away from the main field and are separate tickets. I haven’t seen a poster for those yet.

2 Likes

Hi Gisella, yes I will be there, Sunday afternoon to Saturday morning. I’m staying in a university flat nearby.

The evening gigs on the main stage usually need a seperate ticket at a seperate cost.

There’s great music, free, at Ty Gwerin and on BBC and S4C stages.

I’ve not been to Maes B so I can’t help there. General volunteering doesn’t send you there.

Volunteering | Eisteddfod is the site for offering to volunteer. Once you fill in the basic details you can ask to be placed in a particular aea, but I volunteer to go anywhere so as to have a wider experience. People who only choose Maes D (the Learners Tent) tend to only meet other learners, but if you want to meet all sorts of people and hear about all sorts of things I’d suggest going for anything. You’ll be sent to poetry, comedy, theatre, politics, history, and art, as well as music and all the competitions.

2 Likes

Are you sure you’re not confusing this with the evening shows at the Pavillion? In my experience, the main stage dosn’t require an extra ticket.

2 Likes

Indeed. The Pavilion is indoors, the main stage outdoors.

1 Like

I was really surprised the first time I went at the sheer range of stuff that what happening - I found it quite overwhelming! On top of the different official Eisteddfod areas, each of the big stands will have their own programme of events (we’re just putting the finishing touches to our one here at S4C, for example, but there’ll be things on our screen through the day every day as well as events with actual people coming to talk). There’s usually some really interesting stuff happening at the different university stands too. I would recommend an initial recce on the first day to look at all the different programmes to see what you’d like to attend. (I never manage to get to everything I would like to!)

There’s also an app, which is quite a good way of having a lot of info at your fingertips. But I seem to remember it didn’t get populated until quite late in the day last year…

I will be back to this thread a bit later on to shamelessly plug a couple of things I’m taking part in!

1 Like

If there’s so much going on all over the place, I will definitely feel overwhelmed and won’t be able to decide what to choose! :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

After booking and unbooking a tent pitch, I’ve found a very reasonable prices room at the Treforest campus - probably more or less same place where you’ll be staying?
(I’ll be there from Wednesday to Sunday)

For volunteering, I have already filled that form. I didn’t choose any area in particular, as I have no idea of what’s going on and where and would rather see a bit of everything than being stuck in the same place all the time.
:smile:I think in the confirmation e-mail they said they’d get in touch before the event,. I’ll be fine with wherever they need me to do something!

2 Likes

I look forward to seeing you there.

1 Like

Me too! :slightly_smiling_face:

I generally go through the programme noting what I think I’d like to go to, then I only manage about half of them. :joy:

3 Likes

As far as gigs go, most of the bands will usually be doing multiple gigs over the course of the week (I remember usually doing at least 3 when I was in bands and I think I remember one year doing 9!), so chances are, if you miss a band on one stage they’ll likely be doing a gig on another stage or another night too.

3 Likes