Eisteddfod Genedlaethol 2023 - Llŷn ac Eifionydd

Ive been told that this house in Pwllheli is available for the Eisteddfod week!

@leiafee It’s looking like I will be there! Are you still looking for roommates?

Yes indeed!

Hello,

I’ve never been to an Eisteddfod before and wondered how one buys tickets - the links on the website eisteddfod.wales don’t seem to work despite the website saying you can buy tickets online. Anyone know if they’ve gone on sale and sold out already or whether they’re yet to go on sale?

@sara-28 You can rest assured that you are not too late … the tickets will be sold quite some time in advance, but not that far in advance. I don’t remember exactly, but I think they start going up on the site around May/June-ish.

You can buy on entry on the day. You probably can’t buy them on line yet. Keep on looking on the forum and you’ll probably come across meet ups at times and places on the site for SSIWers, but much nearer the time. There are likely to be buses from across Wales so you might be able to join a group going there. If you’ve not been before I’d suggest getting hold of a timetable of events and deciding what you’d like to see before you get there. I’d also go with someone for the first visit. Thus says the voice of experience. I’ve volunteered (perfect Welsh NOT expected) and you get free entry and something to do. Sometimes boring, usually not.

1 Like

Thanks Margaret! Good to know we haven’t missed the tickets yet and for your suggestions about meeting up with SSIWers - that sounds fun!
I was looking to book my accommodation as early as possible as I know things get booked up. I was planning on coming for most of the week and combining the trip with a few other things. How does the timetable usually work? Are the main events on that first weekend? Would I be missing much if I wasn’t able to stay for the last Saturday?

Phew - thanks Hendrik!

I suppose it depends what you mean by the main events? Not everyone can get into the pavilion when the main prizes are given and the ceremonial takes place, but these events are spread out through the week. They are also put on big screens about the place, although not as many in 2022 as pre covid. You won’t be able to see everything! I’d also be looking at accommodation now (it’s not too early) if you’re hoping to stay nearby, unless you’re thinking of camping, caravanning. The Eisteddfod has a camp/caravan site, with the caravan site selling out quite quickly.

NEWSFLASH!

Lovely accommodation available in Pwllheli for the Eisteddfod week!

• Pet friendly
  • Hot tub
  • Sleeps 8 adults + 4 children
  • enclosed patio
  • 5 beds
  • 3 baths
  • Dogs welcome (for additional £30 charge per dog)

Here are more houses still available for the Eisteddfod week!

Camping/Glamping

The Eisteddfod volunteering page is now up, but unable to be copied here (at the moment). Volunteering | Eisteddfod ,

https://2023.eisteddfod.cymru/gwirfoddoli

I’ve not yet filled in the form as I’m not quite sure of my August commitments, but I will.

1 Like

Studio apartment in Pwllheli available for the Eisteddfod week:

https://www.airbnb.co.uk/rooms/626068484109140733?guests=1&adults=1&s=67&unique_share_id=e09adf38-4ab7-4dea-8c8a-fe9b487e2908

I’ve filled in the volunteering form and look forward to stretching my brain for a week and meeting any of you who choose to volunteer during the week. Edrych ymlaen.

1 Like

A large house available for the week of the Eisteddfod in Lanbedrog. 20 minutes from the Maes.

Ideal for a large group. Has games room and bar.

Volunteer in Maes D - the special area for Welsh learners!

The Eisteddfod is a great place to practise your Cymraeg! We’re looking for people to help in Maes D (the area for people who are learning Cymraeg) in the National Eisteddfod in Boduan between 5 and 12 August 2023. We need people to:

• help in the cafe (to make tea and coffee, keep the place tidy and to chat to people)
  • to steward around Maes D (chat to people, share information about the program, and to help by the stage)

You will get a ticket to the Eisteddfod for free on the day that you are helping.

We will try our best to offer a slot on the times that you have noted below [see the link to the form below], but this may not always be possible.

Register by 23:59 30/06/23 and we’ll be in touch mid July.

Here’s more information and the form to apply - Helpu yn yr Eisteddfod

1 Like

On sale from today, camp and caravan site tickets which, from previous experience, will be just across the road from the main entrance to the site. Also for sale are daily and weekly tickets to the Maes (Eisteddfod site) itself.

https://eisteddfod.ticketsolve.com/ticketbooth/shows?_ga=2.177999333.1307996844.1684861923-1148304009.1684861923

Oops, here’s the link.

To become a volunteer, do I have to find my own accommodation. If so, can you recommend anywhere near to the Maes? Thanks.