Dim Byd!

I wonder if an SSIW flag would help Iolo get chatty lifts.

Cheers J.P.

As well as Kelvin from Rownd a Rownd, who was fairly obvious, I think I spotted Alwenna for about 1Ā½ seconds.

Hereā€™s the pub scene in isolation - and feel free to share it (I have the go-ahead copyright-wise!)

3 Likes

Diolch yn fawr!! I saw it on the TV as part of the programme and totally missed the main point, which was the huge variety among those speaking cymraeg!!

2 Likes

I got the impression that that was also a running joke in other parts of the programme too. Busting stereotypes left, right and centre.

Lotā€™s of the sketches look like real life to me - based on my experience of the local areas where itā€™s filmed. :smile:

Next series will feature a pub full of people in Dyffryn Nantle happily chatting away in English when a geezer from Kent pitches up and forces them all to start speaking Welsh. :wink:

6 Likes

Jiniys. I want to see that. @siaronjames :sunny:

1 Like

Not sure who the ā€˜leadā€™ Englishman was, but I know the younger one (who didnā€™t actually have a line) is a first language Welsh speaker, and I thought he was very brave to appear in an England shirt for us!

3 Likes

Well I can certainly mention it to the teamā€¦!

2 Likes

I have watched this at least a dozen times and it makes me laugh more each time - especially the guy on the phone explaining to his friend why heā€™s changed to speaking Welsh, from whatever language he was speaking before!

Got me wondering in what other languages/countries this joke would work. Real Madrid supporters walking into a bar in Galicia maybe?

1 Like

:smile:

or FC Bayern Munich fans walking into a pub in East Friesland.