Dim Byd!

forgive the blatant advertising but I know there are more than a few fans on here…

Cyfres newydd o Dim Byd yn cychwyn nos Wener yma ( 27/02) am 9.30 ar S4C! A new series of Dim Byd starts this Friday (27/02) at 9.30 on S4C!
Neb yn Gwbod Dim Byd

5 Likes

Can’t wait, Siaron!!! This is Cofi humour at its best. Will, Emrys Llewelyn, make an appearance in the new series? He was great when he played the traffic warden who lived with his mum in Nefyn.

I saw the trailer-type ads they do for tv programmes for this on S4C last week. I think there is a special on too - Dim Byd - Heb yn gwybod. I think it’s actually this Friday… Yeah, 21:30 it is! Alla i ddim aros!!

2 Likes

Dim Byd is very popular in, Kent, Siaron: both myself and Faithless will be glued to the screen.

2 Likes

I’m sure he does, Kim. Look out for me too - I may also be in the new series giving Iolo Williams a lift in my van! (but not the ‘Neb yn Gwbod’ special - I was asked but wasn’t available when they filmed that).

Great! I was eavesdropping his conversation in, The Blackboy, and he was chatting about a sketch a producer had asked him about doing: It sounded hilarious and I hope it happens. I don’t know if, Emrys has any acting experience but his performance as a traffic warden was brilliantly dead-pan…Gwych!
Www! I’ve found it on Youtube.

3 Likes

Hwre! Diolch yn fawr, Siaron! Can’t wait…

A Kim - I hadn’t seen the Sherriff of Nefyn. When I have time (If youTube still exists by then…) I’'ve got to watch that…

2 Likes

Brilliant. Nos Wener, gormod i yfed, Dim Byd. Doesn’t get any better.

1 Like

The Welsh is remarkably clear in this vid, especially the narration. Can’t possibly be that my Welsh is getting better also :wink:

3 Likes

Tonight S4C 21:30.

1 Like

Nearer, nearer draws the time. Feet on dog, pint of bäska droppar and lime. Bring it on!

2 Likes

I KNEW The Prodigy covered that song!!!

I did laugh when they mentioned the members of the jury consisted of 6 men, 5 women and a cartoon character!

Mae rhaglen ardderchog! Alla i ddim aros am wythnosau bennod nesaf!
:smiley:

1 Like

No subtitles but a lot of the humour is visual. What’s interesting is a lot of the actors are not professional. The guy in the balaclava, Emrys, is the Caernarfon town guide. http://caernarfonwalks.com/?p=24

Dim Byd link:
http://www.s4c.cymru/clic/e_level2.shtml?series_id=523195940

Siaron, that photo-fit of, Kenny Khan, in the background had me chuckling away. Inspired!!!

2 Likes

yes, they drop in little treats like that regularly - I think it’s to make people watch more than once because there’s often something you miss first time round!

As for the actors, most are indeed not professional and a lot of the company staff get roped in too. As well as Iolo we do have some other presenters appearing in the rest of the series, but I won’t spoil the surprise. :wink:

1 Like

True! I caught Kenny on my second watching in this one. Oh! and placing a disability badge in his car windscreen in Sheriff Nefyn: so true to life in Ysgubor Goch :smile:

1 Like

This article was published today on BBC Cymru Fyw…
BBC Cymru Fyw - ‘Dim Byd’ i’w weld!

Edit: Cofiwch bydd y rhaglen Dim Byd ar S4C heno, 21:30!

2 Likes

Dai Jones “Llanilar” playing a Cockney was brilliant!!! Donial iawn…

http://www.s4c.cymru/clic/e_level2.shtml?series_id=523195940

2 Likes

The bit about Dai Jones Llanilar was actually true.

2 Likes

Yeah! I remember him talking about how he would come down from, London to spend time with family in Wales when he was a child. Mind you his accent is more Dick van Dyke in Mary Poppins…than real eastend.
I use Dai as a milepost in my Welsh learning journey, Robert - if I ever understand him I will have arrived at the final destination. :smile:

1 Like

Wot a larf, tonight!!! From seeing my old place of residence in Lle Goblyn through to the brilliant - two English people walking into a Welsh pub - and tu hwnt I didn’t stop laughing…Bril!
Oh! and I saw, Siaron, driving Iolo Williams in, Bodio.
The pub scene is 7:20 mins in:
http://www.s4c.cymru/clic/c_level2.shtml?series_id=523195940

2 Likes