Cwrs Haf Dwys yn Aberystwyth

Well done Lucy that’s fantastic.

I can’t remember for sure, but I think you say if you want to be residential or just attend the course when you sign up. There’s info for how to book accommodation in the course handbook, so perhaps you don’t do it until afterwards,when you know if you got a place or not.

Thankyou that’s very useful

Yes, I’m doing Uwch 1, would love to meet up :slightly_smiling_face:

Hi all, I will be doing Sylfaen 1+2. Im coming from Llangollen and staying in student accommodation up near the llyfrgell genedlaethol. Would love to meet up, but Im slightly deaf as a post so in a noisy pub I would be “Be? Be?”

I heard about it through a very clued in guy on mynediad Zoom, and managed to get one of the last rooms.

Am sure we’ll be sble to find out when bookings ppwn for next year. Im going to start Canolradd in September, so will want to follow that up next year.

Will you still be there W/B 8th July Nia?

1 Like

I can‘t hear well in noisy environments either, nor walk very far and can‘t stay in the evening, so I was hoping we could meet up on campus during the lunch break or something one day.

Obviously people are welcome to explore some of Aber‘s many many pubs, but I won‘t be able to join in for that.

1 Like

Thanks Christine for your reply

Its a laugh, or would be if it was, my walking is rubbish ATM too …

I’m not part of the cwrs Haf @christine-30 but hopefully I’ll be bringing a stall there one day and of course bringing the crew up for Thursday the 25th hopefully.:grinning::wales:

1 Like

Hi Everyone,

I hope everyone has had a brilliant start to their course. I’ve certainly learnt a lot and have had lots of nice chats with loads of interesting people.

Unfortunately, I was feeling a bit rough most of this past week, so I didn’t want to try to organise anything, but would people be up for meeting up during the morning coffee break this coming Tuesday (23rd July)?

I propose that we meet up in Tamed Da (aka The Food Hall) next to Hugh Owen (the building where most of us have their classes). The weather is supposedly going to be nice so we can sit outside, but if not, there is usually plenty of space inside.

Obviously, this is open to anyone, regardless of level and how involved you are with SSiW. It’s just another chance to have fun practising your Welsh and perhaps put faces to names.

2 Likes

Hoping we’ll be able to find each other :thinking:
And that our break’s on time! Wela i ti fory :crossed_fingers:

I’ll write SSiW on a piece of A4 and stick it up somewhere visible or perch it on the end of a table.

2 Likes

There is a local Welsh chat group that meets at The Coopers Arms at the bottom of the hill (yes, for those of you that have read ‘Some Sex and a Hill’, it is the very same Y Cŵps!). We meet on Wednesday evenings at 7pm - the pub is very quiet, we’re often the only ones in there, so do come along tomorrow, there will be a couple of SSiW’ers in there :slight_smile:

1 Like

That’s good to know! I think one of the tutors mentioned it last week. :slight_smile:

Unfortunately, I can’t stay in the evenings myself, but hopefully many of the others can come.

I’m hoping to be able to come to some of the day-time meetups in Aber in the autumn.