Cwis Bob Dydd!

Have you heard of Cwis Bob Dydd? The only daily Quiz available in Welsh and brought to you by S4C!

Please note this quiz is suitable for intermediate and advanced learners but everyone can have a go!

It’s a new game that you play every day, where you have to answer 10 completely random questions correctly as fast as possible!

The bonus is that there are fabulous prizes up for grabs!

All you have to do is download the free app from the app store on your phone to get started!

Each time you play Cwis Bob Dydd, your score is entered into a live scoreboard. You can play against your friends, family, colleagues or the whole of Wales!

Why not give it a go and try to compete to reach the number 1 spot on the scoreboard, and whilst you’re there, don’t forget to check out this week’s prize!

Here is some additional information:

The score is a combination of the number of correct answers and how quickly they’re answered. Different questions will be set for all contestants.

Every time a competitor takes part, they will receive an entry to a prize draw to win the main prize of the season - the use of a car for a year, gifted by Gravells.

The chances of winning the car increase the more someone competes.

The quiz will run for a period of twenty weeks, following its first season in October last year.

A total of 5,000 people registered on the app, with around 3,500 playing the quiz daily.

A prize will be awarded weekly. Of the 200 at the top of the week’s leaderboard, one player will be randomly chosen to win a Cwis Pob Dydd goody bag.

The quiz was created by a company based in the Basque Country, and S4C has been collaborating with them on the project.

If you would like to compete against fellow members of your SSi community, then have a look at the GRWPIAU tab at the bottom of the page. The code for the SSiW group is 712338 and the link to join the group is this: Cwis Bob Dydd | S4C But you must have already downloaded the app to your device! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Ooh, thanks for sharing this Catrin! I play this every day, and while I’ll never stand a chance of making it to the top spot, it’s a fun little thing to do (and let’s face it - there’s no harm in being entered into a raffle for a prize…)

It’s a good way to get a bit of Welsh in your life every day, and learn a few cultural things at the same time. And of course the fame and glory of coming top in the SSiW group would be priceless… :wink:

1 Like

I’d love to have a go but don’t have apps on my phone. Pity there’s not a way to join in on a pc. :pleading_face:

1 Like

I keep getting answers wrong :rofl:

And me! Never been that good at maths, and I have a snowball’s chance (“dim gobaith caneri”) guessing at who sports people are. But hey, it’s a fun way to use a bit of Welsh every day :slight_smile:

1 Like

I agree. It’s so annoying that everything has to be an app. Web pages work everywhere Desktop, Phone, Tablet.

2 Likes

If you have an Apple Silicon Mac, you can install the app. I didn’t get very far as it was requiring my phone number to use it. DELETE

Thanks for pointing out that this was a red flag for you. I have fed that back to the game designers.

(They need the phone number for totally non-nefarious reasons, but it’s obvious from your reaction that they are not making that clear, so it’s important to let them know that because there will be plenty of other people with the same reaction as you.)

Thanks for your response. Some more feedback. I am interested in the app as a learning tool. I do not care about prizes, having my name on a scoreboard, or competing with anyone. So, maybe an offline mode that doesn’t require submitting any personal info at all.

2 Likes

I’ll certainly pass that back - thanks :slight_smile:

1 Like

This has started again and a few of us in the SSiW Group have started playing. I’d like to invite more people and I know there is a code … somewhere … that people can use to join a group, but for the life of me I can’t find it in the app!

@gruntius - you’re the group leader according to the list of names. Do you know how to invite more people to join?

@sara-peacock-1 perhaps you could pass on to the development team that this is really not obvious!

Thanks for tagging, Deborah! Only the person who created the group can share the link / invite more people. (If you go to “Gosodiadau”/“Settings” at the top of the screen, there’s a link “Ynglŷn â Grwpiau” that explains it.)

I have another group for the Facebook group “Dw i’n dysgu Cymraeg”, and I just posted the code there for people to use.

Ooh, I’ve just seen that Catrin has posted the link further up this thread!

1 Like

Brilliant! I knew there was a code somewhere and I didn’t spot that! Diolch Sara!

Sorry Deborah, good call.

First you must download the app to your phone

The code to join the group is … 712338. :+1:t2:

Edited to add. I didnt realise there are two different SSiW groups on there. It looks like both Catrin and I have set up groups separately. Sorry. Catrin’s group info is in the first post in this thread.

1 Like

I wonder which one I’m in?! I’ll try to join both…

I didn’t realise that either. I’m in the one that you set up as it shows you as “Gweinyddywr” when I look in “Gosodiadau”.

And I see “SaraCaerdydd” in there :slight_smile: along with 6 others! It would be fun to have a few more :clap:

1 Like

Yeah, I started that one in November '22 but it looks like Catrin started the “official” group in June '23 so it might be an idea to try to get everyond on the same group. Not sure how, will look later.

1 Like

I’ve posted the code you’ve shown above in our two Slack groups, so that might get a few more, and I’ll mention it in the group chat online tomorrow too.

1 Like