Course guide for Level 1 Southern

Yes I saw Barry John when he played for the 1969 Welsh team , and later when he toured with the lions in 1971. Yes I think Wales may do well in this years World Cup. I am enjoying learning cymraeg and I have tuned in to some rugby programs where the commentators speak Welsh. It’s great.

2 Likes

I’m officially slightly jealous now…:wink:

1 Like

I was sitting in a flat in Harrogate, Yorks, at 02.00 a.m. with my radio on softly, so as not to wake my elderly downstairs neighbour, unable to cheer because I’d miss something!! I had no TV until after that, and I’m not sure it was on live anyway!! But I have been happily standing in the old North Stand, telling a man in front, “Barry’s going to score in the corner, when he does, please jump forward, not back, as if you jump back, the girl beside me will go over the barrier!” Barry scored, he jumped forward and I hauled her back onto the step off the wall!!! Health and safety didn’t have the same dominance in those days!!! :sunny:

2 Likes

For me that’s only listing the guides for the courses, not the levels :confused:

Hmmm … I don’t have access to new design yet to check this out so I can’t help you with that. But if looking to old design FAQ section there really are only guides for Courses not Levels.

S’mae Wrenmoyer?

It should look like this:

Hwyl,

Stu

1 Like

This is all I see, but I don’t have the new version yet, so that’s probably the difference :smile:

Yep, that’s the difference.

Now Ifan will be a blessing when he comes back form holidays and gives us some access to the new version. :slight_smile:

As Tatjana says, it only made it to the new (beta) site layout.

1 Like

Hi i have a question and i’m sure someone will be able to help I have attempted to make contact with a couple of the contacts who are available to practice with that is speaking cymraeg unfortunatley I have not heard from anyone yet so just wondering if anyone might know what else to do in the mean time I will keep trying thanks.

Hi Peter - are you talking about ffrinDiath, perhaps? I’m afraid we don’t yet have the numbers on there for everyone to get a response as quickly as we’d like - it’s something we’d like to do more with, but we don’t really know what the future holds for ffrinDiaith at the moment, with the new National body due to start work soon…

@ifan - please check availability of L1 content :sunny:

Thank you for all these posts. It’s a perfect find for me. I have gone back to Level 1 to complete after doing Course 2 vocab and falling at the hurdle of the last vocab lesson. Level 1 from Challenge 18 onwards has been a real ‘pick me up’. It was also a great treat to discover these posts here as I was about to ask for ‘Eitha’, ‘ond yw e/hi’ and ‘‘bnawn’. I knew ’ prynhawn’ and when I heard ‘bnawn’ I wondered why the ‘r’ had disappeared and what was making the ‘p’ change to ‘b’. It makes the learning so much easier not to stumble over the odd word. I find if I can’t see something spelled in cases like that it can take weeks and months before I feel confident using and remembering it.
Could I please have a copy of the guide too? - oops just realised a link is provided above in FAQ. I get a bit lost in the threads, sometimes.

3 Likes

Here is the lesson notes for Challenge 24.

Challenge 24
Vocabulary introduced:
Gormod. Penwythnos diwetha(f). Ariannin. Posib. Yn aml. Paid ag aros.
Patterns introduced:
Clywes i… Gest i… Clywes i bo’ ti’n mynd i… Mae’n bosib… Gwent â…(cymaint â…)

Anyone looking for the rest of the course guide, it is now available in the FAQ pages. Just click on ‘FAQ’ at the top of this page!

2 Likes

I now bring you the lesson notes for Challenge 25 - which isn’t a lot, since the challenge is very much a revision session for what you have learned in Level 1.

Challenge 25
Patterns introduced:
O’n i’n mynd i… Chlywes i ddim…(wnes i ddim clywed…) Chest ti ddim…

@aran, I have sent you a link to the finished course guide for checking and possible inclusion on the website!

4 Likes

Hey @faithless78! Did you sleep at all? - hehe :slight_smile: This was rather quick. Da iawn ti ac diolch yn FAWR IAWN! :sunny:

Hwyl!

:star: :star2:

I’ve just finished putting your course guide materials for the nothern L1 on the site (for the new design, which we’ll be switching over to for everyone in the not-too-distant future) - so it’s particularly great to have the southern one as well. You’re a genuine #SSiWAllStar (sorry, I must have been on too many American websites in the last few months)… :sunny:

3 Likes

Hehehehehe… Went through the lesson last night I did, then finished the course guide before work this morning!

Now for Level 2… :smiley:

2 Likes

Hi

Would much appreciate it if you could please send me the link

Thanks
Andy

@andrew-holliman the last post before yours was 8 years ago, but if you’re looking for a complete Vocabulary List, you can find it here:

1 Like

Shwmae Andrew!
I was just trying to find the link to them on the actual website as they did end up there at one point, only the website has since had a complete overhaul!

I know I still have them in a cloud somewhere, but looking at the links Deborah has given in her post, a complete list is actually there. Better still, the English translation is also provided (my list didn’t have this, as it was to aid the listening process and allowed learners to find the written words themselves, ensuring they knew the Welsh pronounciations beforehand and weren’t tempted to try pronouncing them from reading them in English… if that makes any sense?).

Anyway, I hope you find these ones useful, and best of luck with the course! :slight_smile: