Course guide for Level 1 Southern

May I please know if there are lesson notes for the new course 9Southern). As I have learnt some Welsh (and forgotten it), I am a little familiar with the alphabet and I seem to pronounce better with the letters under my belt.

Sā€™mae Graham?

Croeso iā€™r fforwm! Welcome to the forum!

I have a guide for the Northern Level 1, and I understand that Gavin (faithless78) is doing a guide for the Southern Level 1 courses. These guides are put together by forum members, so PM (Private Message) either myself or Gavin if you want copies. As I said, mine is available now, but Gavin is still working on the Southern version, as Level 1 is not yet complete.

Llongyfarchiadau on getting as far as Challenge 9! You are doing very well to have got that far. remember, it is best to heed Aran and Iestynā€™s advice not to look at the guides prior to actually doing the Challenges. I know its hard and counter-intuitive, but as a person who once thought of himself as a ā€œvisual learnerā€, but who embraced the SSiW method, I can promise that it will reap rewards (in terms of your accent) in the long run. Of course you will want to see the words written down at some point, but please donā€™t use the guides before you do the lessons!

Hwyl,

Stu

Shwmae Graham!

I have sent you a PM with a link to the Level 1 course guide for the south. Hope you find this useful, and enjoy the course.

Could I have it too please. Thanks

I have just sent you a PM Theresa.

Sā€™mae, Many thanks indeed.(Iā€™ll try not to use it often!).

Hwyl,

graham

1 Like

Below are the new words you learn in Challenge 17 (South):-

Challenge 17

Vocabulary introduced:
(Ar y) penwythnos. Amser da. Nos(on). Nos Wener. Mas. Ychydig. Ffrindiau. Ychydig o ffrindiau. Gweld. Gwydred. Neu.

Patterns introduced:
Gest tiā€¦? Es iā€¦(wnes i fyndā€¦) Weles iā€¦(wnes i weldā€¦) Ges iā€¦

For those who have a link to the draft course guide, this has been updated too.
Joiwch! :smile:

2 Likes

Challenge 18

Vocabulary introduced:
Llawer. Yn barod. Dw iā€™n hapus. Faint. Byr. Mewn amser byr.

Patterns introduced:
Dw i wedi dysgu (dw i ā€˜di dysgu)ā€¦ Dw i ā€˜di gwneudā€¦ Dw iā€™n teimlo (twmlo)ā€¦ Tiā€™n teimloā€¦ Wyt tiā€™n teimloā€¦? Sut (wyt) tiā€™n teimlo? Dw iā€™n synnu atā€¦

The draft course guide has also been updated.

5 Likes

Shwmae @faithless78 I am doing the New Level 1 and would find it to be a big help to have the new words introduced written down as you have doine above for all of the challenges. Can you send me or point me to the place where I can get hold of them

Diolch
Hwyl Fawr

Mark

Challenge 19 is now available! Here are the challenge notes:

Challenge 19

Vocabulary introduced:
Dydd Sadwrn. Ddydd Sadwrn. Ymlacio. Am dipyn. Braf. Y pĆŖl droed. Bach o deledu.
Ar y teledu.

Patterns introduced:
Wnes i ddim (gwneud)ā€¦ Oedd hiā€™n brafā€¦ Gwylies iā€¦ Wyliest tiā€¦?

3 Likes

May I join in and have a link too, please.

Diolch yn fawr iawn. :slight_smile:

Wrth gwrs!

Jest wedi anfon cysylltu i ti!

:smiley:

1 Like

Diolch yn fawr. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Challenges 20 and 21 are now available. Here are the course notes:-

Challenge 20
Vocabulary introduced:
Clou. Eithaā€™ clou. Ond yw e/hi? Dydd Sul. Bnawn dydd Sul (prynhawn). (y)fory.

Patterns introduced:
Maeā€™n myndā€¦ (Mae feā€™n myndā€¦) Tiā€™n mynd i wneud. Beā€™ tiā€™n mynd i wneud?
(beth wyt tiā€™n mynd i wneud?)

Challenge 21
Vocabulary introduced:
Bore. Mam. Fy mam i. Dy fam (di). Weithiau. Pawb.

Patterns introduced:
Byddeā€™n well ā€˜da fiā€¦ (byddeā€™n well gyda fiā€¦) Dyw hi ddim yn hoffiā€¦ ddylen i ddimā€¦

3 Likes

Just wondering if anyone has the course content for the new level 1 southern. Once I have learnt all the Welsh well, I like to type it all up onto my laptop so that if I ever get stuck or confused in the future I can easily go back and double check. Iā€™ve got the course content for course 1 but not the new level 1 in welsh (as I want to check my spelling etc). Hopefully I will be on level 2 very soon.

Absolutely loving this course.

Diolch

Rachel

3 Likes

Shwmae Rachel!

I have just sent you a PM with a link to a copy.

1 Like

Diolch yn fawr iawn!!!

such a great help!

thank you for getting back so quickly!

2 Likes

ā€¦and in case you missed Iestynā€™s news of Challenges 22 and 23 being made available, you can go listen/download them now!
Hereā€™s the course notes for themā€¦

Challenge 22
Vocabulary introduced:
Neb. Tad. (f)y nhad (i). Peth. Yr un peth. Hynny. Digon. Yfed. Nesaā€™ (nesaf).

Patterns introduced:
Yr un peth Ć¢ā€¦ Wyt ti ā€˜di caelā€¦?

Challenge 23
Vocabulary introduced:
Bwyta. Yno. Nes ymlaen. Tiā€™n barod. Pobl. Rhai pobl. Aros. Pwysig.

Patterns introduced:
Wela iā€¦ Wela i tiā€¦ Wyt tiā€™n barodā€¦? Ydw, dw iā€™n barodā€¦ Aros amā€¦ Maeā€™n bwysigā€¦

Joiwch! :smiley:

2 Likes

Hi my link to the guide has stopped working. Can you resend please? Thanks

Just sent you a PM @theresacorbett

1 Like