Clwb Cardiau Post Cymraeg

I use a random number generator - it’s like the online version of closing your eyes and swinging a pen over a list :smiley: I then highlight who I’ve written to on a PDF so I can ‘re-roll’ if I’ve already had someone (although I’ll respond to any cards I get, of course).

@jenny-5 - just to pop on here that I definitely have written you a response, I remember getting your card this week (#452)! The address on my reply is in the format it appears on the list - really hope it does get there, fingers crossed.

I keep a list of who I’ve sent a card to, which card I sent and when- then I put a tick if I get a reply- I keep the cards I need to reply to separate from those that I’ve done- as I’ve got M.E. it helps keep me organised! :smiling_face:

1 Like

I have a similar system :blush:

1 Like

I did… Have lost track :man_facepalming:

I don’t think you’re alone in lack of replies @catherine-evans-3, sadly. And the post office should have no problem with the correct postcode @jenny-5, although they are great fans of post towns - at most it might slow your mail slightly (I’d stick with Powys).

Something I forgot to mention at AGM (as forgot about), though know has been an issue for some - please remember that answers do count as sending a postcard! I’ve certainly heard from people (when still helping with list) who thought that if they answered someone, that didn’t count towards sending postcards that month - and they felt it was too much to answer people as well…
Answers are part of the joy of belonging, when you get them (and no, I’ve not received many answers either). It doesn’t matter if circumstances mean you don’t reply instantly - answers after a gap are lovely too.
(Apologies to anyone I owe an answer too - I fall into the delayed answering group at mo - but I’m working on it!! One advantage of not receiving many cards, efallai??!)

Royal Mail does have a Welsh version of its postcode finder, if you’re ever worried - although if part of what you put in is in English, it won’t always change it to the Welsh version, even though it will show it in Welsh if you enter it in Welsh (if you’re near the border, and have an English post town, like @jenny-5, it will offer the English name for that, in my experience)

=> Welsh addresses for those in Wales should be fine, so long as the address itself is right; and postcodes are designed such that mail should still arrive, even if most of the address is missing! :smiling_face_with_tear:

I’m #79 and don’t realy get any unsolicited cards any more but do get replies.

I tend to send to new people on the list and to the occasional ones I haven’t contacted before who are in the middle.

As for addresses, the postcode should be enough to get them from other countries into Cymru and probably right to the destination and there shouldn’t be any problem with Welsh language place names once at the sorting office area.

1 Like

Diolch @reesgilbert am dy gerdyn hyfryd! Thanks for the lovely card which arrived safely.

1 Like

@charlie-o - diolch yn fawr iawn am dy cerdyn. Bydda i anfon ateb yn ôl yn fuan.

S’mae bawb?! :smile: Hello everyone! :smile:
If you’re a member of the postcard club we’d like to find out what you think about it! Could you please help us by completing this short questionnaire?
Fyddai posib i aelodau o’r Clwb Cardiau Post ein helpu drwy lenwi’r holiadur yma?

Thank you!
Diolch yn fawr! :star_struck:

I don’t have a Google account - but if i send you my answers via a message would that be ok?

You don’t need a Google account to fill out the form :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Cetra is right. If you click on “Learn More” next to “Sign in” you will see the option of continuing without signing in.

2 Likes

ah diolch!

1 Like

If you’re a member of the postcard club, please don’t forget to fill out our short questionnaire! :smiley:https://forms.gle/zxT8e3rsB97w8kFr6

1 Like

Vicky was speaking about the Clwb Cardiau Post on Radio Cymru last week with Caryl Parry Jones! Da iawn, Vicky! Llongyfarchiadau! She starts around 40 minutes in from the beginning.

1 Like

We’re getting some great feedback - please keep it coming! :slight_smile:

1 Like

so out of interest- I’ve counted up how many random cards I’ve sent out since August (only those I’ve allowed plenty of time to reply) and out of 30 cards sent randomly I’ve had 3 replies! I haven’t included those who kindly replied to my post on here :grinning: - just replies to the random cards I sent to people on the list. I tried sending to all different areas of the list eg start, middle, end etc and to different areas of UK and some abroad. I think we really need to have another icon on the list to indicate which people will respond to a randomly received card. I enjoy sending cards but even so to only hear from 3 out of 30 is a bit - odd! I haven’t included those I sent to in past couple of weeks to allow time to reply. Hopefully the replies to the questionnaire will prove a great help - keep up the great work - I still think the club is a fantastic thing to be part of! :star_struck:

1 Like

Out of curiosity, Catherine, were any of your replies from abroad? I’ve received one postcard from Sweden but the others I’ve had have all been from UK addresses.

It could be cost of postage - I’m not sure how expensive it is to post from (i.e.) America or Australia - but I’m wondering if it might be a knock-on effect of the strike (both outgoing and incoming - other post of mine has obviously had delays too). I’m not expecting responses, of course, 'cause I know it costs money - but it is something I’ve noticed.

What I am expecting is for an intrigued postie to knock on my door and ask what’s going on - I use the same box every time up the road, so I’m sure they’ve made the connection. Might tell them I’m MI6 :rofl:

1 Like

LOL good idea! Only 6 of mine went abroad- the rest were UK. We might get some answers from the questionnaire hopefully!

1 Like