Chepstow or Forest of Dean

Hi
Are there any meet ups in Chepstow or FOD ?
I really need to practice speaking/listening.
Diolch pawb x

1 Like

There are various threads mentioning meetups in both, but some date from a while back, so I’ll tag some people who hopefully will be able to give some updates.

FOD - @fi-benson
They were in the Lockkeepers, Over GL2 8DB or in Whitemead Park in the Forest, but Fi should be able to confirm what’s currently happening.

Chepstow - @llanddinol
This info from 2019, so may have changed by now -
The session in Chepstow is in the Lime Tree in St Mary Street 10.30 - 12.00. It is a combined coffee morning and breakfast club with SSiW, Menter Iaiath and Coleg Gwent. We meet on table 19…
Cymdeithas Gymraeg Gas-gwent meets in the Woodfield Arms the fourth Thursday every month 8.00 - 9.00
Menter Iaith/Coleg Gwent organise meetings the second Wednesday of the month at 7.30 also in the Woodfield Arms.
A Welsh centre will soon be opening in Chepstow.

There is also a Menter Iaith group that meets in Monmouth (if that’s not too far) in Coffee#1 from 1pm-2pm - that was certainly running when I visited in April. More details of that can be had from jo@menterbgtm.cymru

Hopefully you’ll get some other possibilities from other forum members soon, too.

1 Like

Cas-gwent - Chepstow
The Lime Tree has closed.
Nothing happens at the Woodfield Arms hotel now.
Tŷ Croeso - Moore Street Chepstow is the Chepstow Welsh Society Centre. It is open Tuesday 10.30 until 11.30/12.00 and Saturday 11.00 until 1.00 for informal discussions.
A small group meets in the Chepstow upcycle centre near the railway station at 11.00 for about an hour.
A small group has just started meeting in the Queens Head on a Wednesday evening.
Informal lessons are given in Tŷ Croeso on a Thursday morning. There is a charge for these.

2 Likes

Cymdeithas Gymraeg Cas-gwent - Tŷ Croeso

There is a website - cymgymcasgwent.weebly.com

2 Likes

S’mae Kyla, sut dach chi? I live in the Fod and need to find someone to speak welsh with. I’m a bit rusty. If you are still interested in practicing let me know.

Diolch x
Colin