Cheltenham Centre

Hi
3 of us learners meetup in the Sandford Park Ale House in Cheltenham. There’s a handy car park and the place is quite convenient for centre of Cheltenham. I’m just starting sylfaen level in Sept with Aber the other 2 are better than me but lack conversational practice so we would like to join with a few more either at the Alehouse or other handy location.
Of interest to anyone?
Anthony

How often do you meet @anthony-25 and which day and time? I can pop it in the newsletter for you, but people will need a little more information :slight_smile:

Hi @anthony-25. There are three other groups in Gloucestershire. One meets at the Bell in Shurdington at 7.30 on the second Wednesday of the month, one meets at Hawkes House café in Thornbury at 2.30 on the last Tuesday of the month and the other on Mondays or Fridays at 11 am once a month (details on Facebook) in the Forest of Dean or The Lockeepers just outside Gloucester alternately. I can send you contact details to be on email lists if any of those interest you. I’d be happy to come along to your meeting now and again if you share the details with @Deborah-SSi and me.

1 Like

Hi Anthony
I live in Cheltenham and would be interested in joining your meet up from time to time depending on the days you meet

Hi Alison-Comley
Many thanks for your email. There are 3 of us and we’re very much beginners having been at “it” for about couple of years. You would be very welcome to join in. We meet at the Standford Park Ale House in Cheltenham. (Let me know if you need directions) We meet at 12:30pm buy a drink and light lunch and get sat in a room just to the right as you enter the pub. Our next meeting is on the 13th Sept.
Please let me know if thats convenient for you and I’ll let the others know
Kind Regards
Anthony

Andy

We’re looking to build up the Cheltenham Group. It meets at 12:30pm at Sandford Park Ale House. Our nest meeting is on 13th Sept and you would be very welcome if you can make it
Best wishes
Anthony

Hi Deborah
We meet at 12:30pm at Sandford Park Ale House and haven’t settled on any regular day just yet as we’re just starting out (theres 3 of us at mo) You would be very welcome if you’ve time. Our next meeting is on the 13th Sept

Kind Regrds

Anthony

I’d love to join you, but I live rather a long way away. Once you settle on a regular day/time etc, I can add this meetup to the Post-Pandemic Meetups thread, so others will find it easily. I’ll also mention it in the weekly newsletter, so that will reach more people as well.

Pob lwc,
Deborah

Shwmae Antony, I organise meetups in the Lockkeepers, Over, GL2 8DB and in Whitemead Park, Forest of Dean. Monthly, but like your group my days of meet-up vary. I would very much like to come and join you at the Alehouse - though I can’t do 13th September - and I see that Andy has already expressed his interest. I will let the others in our regular meet up group know - there are some members from Gloucester and Cheltenham who will be interested, I’m sure. Could you email me on fibenson@gmail.com to let me know when your next (after September) meet up date is, please? Diolch, Fi

We do have a meet up organised at the Lockkeepers, Over, GL2 8DB for Friday 9th September, 11 am, if you are free to come and join us. You’d be very welcome. We are a range of learning/first language levels. Fi

Here’s the latest on the Cheltenham Centre group from @anthony-25

The Cheltenham group has changed from holding intermittent meetings to meeting twice a month i.e. the 2nd and 4th Tuesday of every month.

The first meeting for the year is 10th Jan 2023 at 12:30pm at the Sandford Park Ale House, 20 High Street, Cheltenham, GL50 1DZ. Please turn up and we’d be delighted to see any Cymraeg dysgwyr - unrhyw lefelau

Diolch yn fawr

Bendigedig!

Dwi’n edrych ymlaen ar cwrdd â chi cyn bo hir.

Fi

Hi, Deborah. I have an update on the meetings of the Cheltenham learners’ group: in future we’ll be meeting fortnightly, at 1230 on Tuesdays. The venue is Sandford Park Alehouse, 20 High Street, Cheltenham GL50 1DZ. Next meeting is on 24th January, and you can usually find us in the room to the right of the entrance to the pub.

The nearest car park is on St James’ Street (GL50 2PR).

Diolch.

1 Like

Alison, I have an update on the Cheltenham learners’ group meetings: in future we’ll be meeting fortnightly, at 1230 on Tuesdays. The venue is Sandford Park Alehouse, 20 High Street, Cheltenham GL50 1DZ. Next meeting is on 24th January, and you can usually find us in the room to the right of the entrance to the pub.

The nearest car park is on St James’ Street (GL50 2PR).

Hope to see you there,

Steve

Thank you Steve. I would love to come but unfortunately I work on Tuesdays. I will keep it in mind though should I have a day off.

1 Like