Calling Bwtcamp Survivors

If you’ve attended any SSiW Bwtcamp - north or south - over the past 8 years, then there’s a new online chat group especially for you!

It’s in the Welsh Speaking Practice Slack community, but a private channel just for those who have been on Bwtcamp - to chat, to reminisce, to laugh again, to share experiences … and maybe even plan a few reunions or weekends away together! The options are endless.

To join in - if you’re not already in WSP, send an email to admin@saysomethingin.com with “WSP Bwtcamp Survivor” as the subject,

or if you are already in WSP, send a direct message there to either me or Nia and we’ll add you in.

5 Likes

Please don’t take my non-participation a(s lack) :wink: of interest. It’s just that I no longer use Slack.
Good luck with the channel, though. I’m just going to continue with private therapy to get over my many bootcamp experiences. “I will survive” :laughing:

7 Likes

I’m the exact opposite, the bootcamps are my therapy. Time for another in 11 days. :grinning:

4 Likes

I must stop trying to joke on the forum - it doesn’t seem to work. On the other hand it doesn’t seem to work “live” with my family, either. :thinking:
I guess you were joking too, G, but I ought to make it clear that all the bootcamps I’ve attended have been transformative, confidence-boosting, fun and some of the best weeks of my life. :smile:

7 Likes

Never in doubt Huw, your sense of humour is one of this forum’s delights. I’ve never not ‘got it’.

3 Likes

We’ll be able to tell each other jokes “wyneb a wyneb” soon. :smile:
Here’s a feed line for you (or anyone) to find a punch line for at the party -
“Cerddodd Cardi i mewn dafarn gyda’i ddefaid…” / “A Cardi walked into a pub with his sheep …”
I’ve just thunk one up, but I’m going to save it till I see you :grin:

2 Likes

I don’t know how to “bump” posts, but here’s Dee’s original:

If you’ve attended any SSiW Bwtcamp - north or south - over the past 8 years, then there’s a new online chat group especially for you!

It’s in the Welsh Speaking Practice Slack community, but a private channel just for those who have been on Bwtcamp - to chat, to reminisce, to laugh again, to share experiences … and maybe even plan a few reunions or weekends away together! The options are endless.

To join in - if you’re not already in WSP, send an email to admin@saysomethingin.com with “WSP Bwtcamp Survivor” as the subject,

or if you are already in WSP, send a direct message there to either me or Nia and we’ll add you in.

1 Like

OK no-one asked at the party, so I can’t keep the punch-line to myself any longer:
Feed line: "Cerddodd Cardi i mewn dafarn gyda’i ddefaid…” / “A Cardi walked into a pub with his sheep …”
My punch-line: “Dweudodd y tafarnwr - ‘Pwy sy’n dali, te?’” / The publican said ‘Who’s paying then’?
I ought to explain that this perpetuates the totally unjustified reputation of Cardi’s having arms too short for their pockets. :laughing: (I come from a long line of Cardis by the way. :smile: )

5 Likes

:thinking::joy::joy:

I was just wondering @Deborah-SSi@Nia where is the best place to post boot camp photos from May in Tresaith please? I don’t think I posted any yet or…could I have posted them in the wrong place already?! :rofl::joy:

If you have them somewhere where they can easily be viewed online, you could post a link in the May Bwtcamp thread, and in the Bwtcamp Survivors channel on WSP :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks @Deborah-SSi I will see what I can do :slightly_smiling_face:

Does the Bŵtcamp Mawr 2019 count, @Deborah-SSi? @nia.llywelyn answered my request by asking me if I’d been on a bŵtcamp “ever?”

Well, Have not had to survive forced bunk bed and pea/pee-jar…

Caernarfon 2019 was a most genteel affair… :sweat_smile::joy::rofl:

2 Likes

I would say it counts. There have been several northern ‘bwtcamps’ classified as ‘luxury’ and we’re happy to include ‘survivors’ of those as well :joy:

1 Like