Bŵtcamp June 2023 - 5th to 12th - Lampeter

Please listen to as much Radio Cymru as possible before coming,
Best presenters for the lingo in Lampeter area is Sian Cothi, Ifan Evans, Terwyn Davies. :grinning:

And S4C… Pobol y Cwm of course, as well as the Eisteddfod yr Urdd this week . You have one more day of watching! :sunglasses:( Heledd Cynwal)

2 Likes

Just arrived in Aberystwyth for the weekend before coming to Lampeter on Sunday. Just managed a brief conversation in Cymraeg with the lovely people at Aber museum, so feeling marginally less terrified about Bŵtcamp!

2 Likes

Safe travels to everyone this weekend. See you Monday!

2 Likes

Bore da pawb
Liz dw i. I grew up near Chester ond ruan dwi’n byw yn Rhydychen (Oxford). Im half welsh and my mother is first language welsh. She lives in Pen Lleyn Gwynedd. I have many welsh speaking cousins.
I’m recently retired and learning welsh has been a reawoken project over the last 12 months with SSIW although I’ve always spoken a little. I can pronounce and read but listening is the hardest thing. I struggle with the variety of vocabulary and pronunciations used for the same expressions but overall I’ve made good improvements over the last year.
Looking forward to meeting you but also slightly dreading it.
Best wishes
Liz

2 Likes