Blwyddyn Newydd Dda! 🥂

The Welsh for ‘New Year’s Resolution’ is ‘Adduned Blwyddyn Newydd’ [ath-inn-ed bluey-thin ne-with ~ ‘th’ as in the].

What is your adduned for 2023?

Do you have an adduned related to your Welsh language journey?

Is your adduned to be able to sing, work, date, shop and support your favourite team in Welsh?

Are you planning on having your first real conversation in Welsh? To converse in Welsh for the first time with a family member? Apply for a Welsh speaking job?

Whatever your wish or goal for 2023, we’d really love you to share it with us in this thread. :smiley:

1 Like

Can I put attend a bootcamp down for my Adduned Blwyddyn Newydd? :smiley:

3 Likes

A sort of adduned, just to use Welsh even more. It seems to be working so far.

3 Likes

More of a cynllun than an adduned, but I am coming to Wales for the first time in June! Spending five days in an intensive Cwrs Uwch at Nant Gwrtheyrn, then traveling around the country for about 2-1/2 weeks.

Blwyddyn Newydd Dda i chi gyd!

4 Likes

Wonderful replies all! I’m loving the enthisuasm! Diolch for sharing. :smiley:

2 Likes

I have been learning Welsh on and off for a few years, but in 2023 I decided I needed to work harder. I have started by going right back to Level 1 Challenge 1, and find it very helpful. I am moving quite fast (Challenge 7 in a week, )but there are little phrases that I had forgotten. So it is an adduned to make real prgresss this year!
bryan Stevens

2 Likes

Great stuff Anne; you’ll love it.
We’ve fallen in love with Dolgellau and surrounds. We’ve been numerous time in the last couple of years and back again in April for a week.

1 Like

Diolch, Max. Gwych dy weld di yma. I won’t get to Dolgellau on this trip but will keep it in mind for the future.

By the artist and Welsh tutor from Pen Llŷn, Marian Brosschot…

2 Likes

Blwyddyn Newydd Dda 2024 (i ti a’r teulu)!
Wyt ti’n gwneud adduned neu addunedau Blwyddyn Newydd?
Dwi’n dal swil am siarad, ond dw i’n mynd i
Ymarfer Cymraeg bob dydd (1)
Gwylio S4C
Bwyta’n iachach

Usually I never stick to my resolutions, so I might need an injection of discipline for no 2 & 3, ond dw i wedi wneud (1) :turtle:

3 Likes