Aussie Skype chat - while I'm away?

Hello Allan. I’m in Brisbane and learning southern welsh. I’d like to join the chat. How can I do that. I’ve finished course 1 and half of level one. It’s all crammed up in my head with nowhere to go! Thanks. Lynne

@allanbailey just flagging this message from Lynne in Brisbane.

Shw mae Lynne? Congratulations on getting this far. I’m sure the Aussie group will enjoy having you join them.

1 Like

Thanks for the welcome Dee. I’m looking forward to using my Welsh. Speaking to my family is not very productive. Hwyl fawr.

Hi,
The chat is on the first Thursday in the month. My Skype name is glyndwr6 so if you send me a request via Skype I will put you on my contact list and you can either call me or I will call you (whoever gets there first!). Look forward to meeting you
Allan

Alternatively, if you have eachother on the list @allanbailey can “put” you into the chat when it’s in progress (if you’re online of course) so you can immediately joined in.

For those you didn’t know, that one who originally runs those chats can save the group for next time the chat is on and if one isn’t online he/she won’t participating or if he/she is online and isn’t in the mood to chat at the time or doesn’t have the time for that, he/she can opt out/decline the current invitation.

(Just a thought though.)

1 Like

Hello, Allan. I’m sorry I missed getting back to you. My daughter has been unwell recently, as well as one of her children, so I had to drop everything. I’ll make sure I’m there for the next Skype. By then I will have finished Level 1 and hopefully started Level 2. Thank you and kind regards, Lynne

Hi Lynne
Sorry to hear that and hope all is now well. See you first Thursday in Dec
Allan

@allanbailey @guynicholson @louis @jeanevans

I am trying to minimise my commitments. I am happy to keep attending and participating, if the group is valued. However, if the group has not met in my absence, I think we may as well let it go…

I’m keen to hear from others and I’m happy to chat to individuals. Get in touch if you are interested. :smile:

3 Likes

Hi, i am in Adelaide and am currently up to lesson 15 of course 2. Though i am unavalible due to work for the next week (i work FIFO in the mines) i am very eager to speak welsh with more people. So if the group does continue you can count me in!!

Hi Elizabeth, I’m in Brisbane and I would like to join the group if you decide to keep it going. I’m going to Bootcamp and will be away for end of July, August and first half of September but if the times are right I could probably still join in from there.

Hi Lynne and Leighton,

I’ll keep you in mind if we start back up. I am just waiting to hear what has been happening in my absence. @allanbailey @louis @jeanevans @guynicholson are you able to filmed in?

Hi, Liz
There were about two sessions whilst you were away but there did not seem to be a lot of enthusiasm from other than two people. So I did not pursue it very much after that. Should it start up again am certainly interested
Allan

Okay, so let’s talk times. @wendysargeantson I’m copying you in too and @carolinecleland and @amy_j

We were meeting at 8.30 AEST on the first Thursday of the month. This allowed the people in the eastern states to finish at a reasonable hour and for the people in WA to get home from work. But, seeing as we are starting afresh, I’m happy to throw things up in the air. The only week night I can’t do is Tuesday. How are others placed? @louis @allanbailey @lynne_freudigmann @Leighton @jeanevans @Karla at anyone else who is in the time zone and interested. @guynicholson. Speak now SSiW Australia or forever hold you peace. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Diolch yn fawr am drefnu’r sgwrs eto Liz. Wednesday and Thursday evenings are best for me.

1 Like

Shwmae Liz, Thursday nights work for me too. :smile:

1 Like

Hi,
In Adelaide, I’m really pleased at the suggested 'renaissance’and am sure times will suit.
I have had time to accumulate more Welsh and feel more confident about contributing to the group…
I will try to make any of the times and days suggested.

1 Like

I am in a similar situation re tuesdays in that i am usually unavailable , my only other limitation is that i work week on and week off and the net up here where i work is not good enough to Skype . So when my working week falls on the skype meeting day i won’t be able to join so i hope that doesn’t happen too often:)

1 Like

Any night will suit me. My only preference would be a little earlier, maybe 8 but I will fit in with the majority. I need as much practice as I can get.

1 Like

Hi Allan, I was unable to join in until now as my daughter has been ill for some time and I have been caring for her and the family. She is recovering now and I should be OK to join. Looking forward to it.

1 Like

shwmae pawb! sorry Liz, I’ve been completely awol now that I’m back at uni and I’ve left this message far too long, but thanks for copying me into it anyhow. I’m probably not going to be a very reliable skype-r for a while - generally Wednesdays and Thursdays aren’t great for me - but please don’t take my availability into account as I’m not sure what I can really commit to. But if you could let me know when you’ve decided a time, that would be lovely - I’ll be there if I can :smile:

1 Like