App problem for support team

Here it is :sunny:

Ok, I think I have a work-around (actually two).

When you re-install the app, there’s a glitch where it doesn’t select the “Active Course” properly. To fix this, go to the “Settings” tab, and just under “Active Course” will be an empty box. Touch that box, and it will bring up a list, with Course 1 at the head. Select that, and tap Done. Now go to the Lessons tab, and try to download any lesson. It worked for me after making that settings change.

Now, you may be wanting to access Level 2 and beyond, and have discovered that it won’t let you login. Do this: when it rejects your login, it has left the keyboard still up. Hit Done to close the keyboard. Now, hit the “Login” button (again). This time, it will (hopefully) succeed (it did for me).

Update: I tried uninstalling and re-installing the app again. Just selecting Course 1 isn’t quite enough to get things working. What did work was to select something else in the list, then select Course 1 again. That worked (and matches what I did when I was testing this workaround earlier).

1 Like

Was just coming here to recommend lewie’s excellent workaround, and realised he’d already posted it. Nice one!

Thanks to lewie and our other most excellent volunteers, who’ve all been a brilliant help in the investigation of this problem this afternoon/evening! :star:

Summary: Go to settings, press on the probably-empty box at the bottom, choose something that isn’t the course you want, then choose something that is the course you want. Then go back to lessons and it should work.

Please continue to let us know if you still have problems :smile:

1 Like

Update! There was a fix I tried to put in place just earlier, which didn’t work during our testing, but I think I’ve just worked out why, and it seems to be working for us now. So, please try just downloading stuff without the workaround above, and let us know if it works! And if not, then go ahead with the workaround :smile:

1 Like

Lewie and Kinetic,
It works! I am so impressed! Firstly that the times of your emails were 0142 and 0536! And secondly that the solution was so amazingly simple. I am sorry not to have worked that one out without all the bother!
I think you need to sleep! its not healthy to work all night!!
Best wishes,
Declan

1 Like

Glad it’s working for you! But I can’t take credit for an all-nighter - I live on the west coast US, so I slept just fine last night :smile: .

1 Like

Thanks all the app is much better, I am reall grateful. It is only a small point but the lessons are inclined to delete themselves and if you switch it off mid lesson the lists reverts back to lesson 1. It is only a minor inconvenience but shows that something has changed from where it was 2 weeks ago.

1 Like

Thanks for the heads up on that - we don’t actually have access to the code itself at the moment, which was developed by a volunteer who is very pressed for time in terms of further development - so we’re currently thinking in terms of a new app where we will have access to the code - in fact, Jeff has been doing some work in that direction very recently :sunny:

1 Like