Anyone watching Pobol Y Cwm? Rownd a Rownd? New Hangout to discuss soaps šŸŽ¬

indeed, again, tut tut. (but Garyā€™s equally to blame here, contain yourself man, walk away, go home back to Dani!)[quote=ā€œtheresacorbett, post:39, topic:7941ā€]
Daniel was already married and meic already dead when I started watching
[/quote]

This is all before my time, but Iā€™m still getting the gist of the past from the bits Iā€™ve picked up over the last 8 months!

She showed up from Patagonia ā€¦ what was her name again? Iā€™ve forgotten now, but Meic went back to Patagonia with her to spend his final days, then she came back to Cwmderi with his ashes to scatter.

1 Like

Was Meic the chap from the cafĆ©? (Havenā€™t watched for a while).

I take it sheā€™s not in it anymore then?
Itā€™s meics cafe so I guess so

Iā€™ve just had a look through my old Lingo magazines to find out, I knew she was in there somewhere.

Elizabeth Fernandez was the actress, Gabriela Gonzalez was the character.

2 Likes

So Garry and Dani are now level on cheating terms (unless anything happened in the 30 odd years before I started watching the show).

Canā€™t they just confess and call it quits and get with running the pub, the garage, the taxi company and the rest of their monopoly on the industries of Cwmderi?

3 Likes

No, as @gruntius mentioned, her name was Gabriela and she went back to Patagonia, but as with other PyC characters, you never know when sheā€™ll show up again.

And if youā€™re wondering why Meicā€™s CafĆ© is run by Debbie, itā€™s because they had a relationship at one stage after Meic split with Anita (due to Anita having an affair with Colin), but when Meic found out he had a terminal illness he went back to Anita.

:blush: Itā€™s a bit scary how much I know about the comings and goings on Pobol y Cwm now!

2 Likes

Kellyā€™s my favourite character - especially her 50 : 50 English / Welsh phrases.
I can hardly understand a word of RaR which doesnā€™t augur too well for this weekend in Caernarfon !

1 Like

I havenā€™t really tried getting into RaR. I figured one soap opera is more than enough for me! Iā€™ll be in Caernarfon this weekend too. See you there!

1 Like

and againā€¦!
(but really, would Dani take advice from Sioned like that? oh well guess it helps the twists and turns of plot!

I definitely wouldnā€™t!!

I have often thought there should be some Rownd a Rownd / Pobol y Cwm crossover episodes, or even a spinoff series.

However, what would happen when ā€œyourā€ Dani meets ā€œourā€ Dani???

I fear a kind of matter-antimatter meeting - a puff of smoke, a flash of light, a mighty bang, and Dani+anti-Dani would anihilate each other.

I donā€™t know what you think about ā€œyourā€ Dani, but we quite like oursā€¦even if she is a bit of a poen mewn y ben Ć“l weithiauā€¦ :wink:

Scriptwriters: proceed with caution: you may be tampering with forces beyond your control! :smiling_imp:

3 Likes

We like our Dani too :slight_smile:

2 Likes

That would be a bit weird and awkward when Wyn Humphries (RaR) meets Mark Jones (PyC). :joy:

2 Likes

And againā€¦tut tut.
The producers of Poblol y Cwm must have shares in the company that makes sugar glass props for film sets, unless in a future episode we see a reformed Sioned patiently gluing all the broken things back together again!

https://www.westernstageprops.com/Break-Away-Glass-Props-s/1845.htm

I want some of these for christmas!

1 Like

Daniel was already married and meic already dead when I started watching.

Oh no! Iā€™d learned a lot from listening to his character speak Welshā€¦

Whoo boyā€¦Iā€™m reeally behind. Sionned was just patching things up with Ed last I watched.

On a related note: does anyone know what happened to the official ā€œPlease S4C Take My Moneyā€ petition? Iā€™m still very willing to pay a monthly fee to S4C if it means Iā€™d be able to watch from the U.S.

2 Likes

Iā€™m not sure if you are talking about a different petition, but this one is for non-residents of the UK asking for S4C funding to be maintained, and itā€™s easy to make a comment saying that you would be happy to pay a subscription. I know itā€™s been raised with them before and they always say there are reasons why they canā€™t do that, but I always believe anything is possible if you really want to achieve it

1 Like

Oh my goodness (neu O Mam Bach as Iā€™ve just heard Dai say!), Sioned is so evil. It seems like sheā€™s only happy if sheā€™s wreaking havoc on peopleā€™s lives! I really hope sheā€™s going to get her comeuppance soon. Poor Dani!

Aaargh, I need to catch up!!