Anyone want to discuss "Un Bore Mercher" (S4C)? - warning - might contain spoilers

Sorry @Sionned, you are right - it was hidden in his bedside cabinet or something wasn’t it? I had in my mind the moment when she finds something else on the boat.

When Faith was handling his court case earlier in the series, she said he had a load of previous convictions. I thought maybe it was for things like trying to see his ex-wife when he was bound over not to, or something like that. But now we know he used to work for the gangsters, so his previous convictions could be for just about anything.

And wasn’t that a gun on his dashboard when he came to the house in the middle of the night while Faith was out looking for Evan at the (closed) restaurant? Granted, it looked like a very old design, but it could still have been operational.

And isn’t he always in the right place at the right time?
And it would be typical, because I’m quite fond of his character!

1 Like

Looked like a shotgun with the stock (and perhaps the barrel) sawn off short from the glimpse I had, I thought. If so, shotguns (for farmers or shooting grouse etc) are among the few firearms legally owned by civilians in the UK - but the moment you saw it down to make it more portable and concealable (and widen the radius & shorten the range, making it more indiscriminate) it becomes a classic gangster’s weapon.

Didn’t he say something about being a driver.? Maybe I’m confused with another series, but I saw him as a getaway driver!

[quote=“henddraig, post:26, topic:10116, full:true”]
Didn’t he say something about being a driver.? Maybe I’m confused with another series, but I saw him as a getaway driver![/quote]

I have finally watched the latest episode. When he was talking to Faith about the gangsters, he told her that the Glynns were into two things - stealing cars (or other vehicles) and “weed” (presumably the marijuana type). He said (when he worked for them) if it could be driven, he’d drive it.

1 Like

Sounds all too plausible. He was taking a bit of a chance though, driving round with a sawn-off shotgun on his dashboard. Hard to conceal if he was stopped by the police. I suppose it could be slipped under the seat. But if he is “known to the police”, they’d almost certainly search the car, if they’d stopped him.

I keep wondering why Faith didn’t ask Terry to (strictly unofficially) look into that Cardiff address on the id card she found. I know she was wanting to keep the police out of it as much as possible, in case Evan had been up to monkey business, and give him a chance to avoid police action as far as possible, but you’d think Terry would have ways of doing it without making it official.

Any takers for this evening?

Haven’t seen it yet. Maybe tomorrow.

spoilerish… 3.12.2017
well we know more about what Evan had got into but we don’t have a full resolution.

I got the impression from bbc iplayer that this was the last in the series.
So will they keep us hanging on until a new series…?
…or leave us hanging?

Meanwhile, I always want answers to the trivial questions.
Did Faith pay the dentist £100 + usual fees?
Did she really have a cavity?
What is Steve’s day job?
and are his intentions really less than honourable, as Lisa thinks…?

1 Like

@mikeellwood I don’t think it’s the end…I read here that it’s 8 parts. Hope that when it does end there is some resolution, and not on a total cliffhanger…

3 Likes

Declaring my (fake) claim to fame. Eve went to school “with” my work colleague. I think she was in the year above him, although it isn’t a massive school.

Edit:
Having said that, everyone that I know from N Wales, went to one of a handful of schools :slight_smile:
I’ll get back to work while I’m ahead.

2 Likes

My ‘record series’ function found next week’s so I think 8 total is likely. There is no mention of next week being last. Now, I want to wring the neck of the nesty person who did that to Mr. Lloyd, even if it was not actually him, but just the same actor!

2 Likes

Good find, Anna. I see that Faith’s new roles include “lover” so Stevie boy is in with a chance then…

@henddraig. I assume the person responsible is the “scumbag” farmer.

1 Like

Oh yes, i know that. Mnd, as a pacifist I am cross with him for inducing violent urgings in me! OK, I,know it’s the script writers, but my feelings are just as cross! :angry:

That’s exactly what I thought - poor Mr Lloyd!!
And why has Arthur scrubbed up and had a hair cut? I know he was given money, and a number to phone but what could he be up to? Again, like Steve, I think of him as a good egg, if slightly troubled.
Quite alarmed by the blond and her toteful of Colombian!

I also felt bad for poor “Mr. Lloyd” :slight_frown: It’s fun to have seen almost all of these actors in other shows and see how they play different characters. One that really stands out for me is how Lowri Palfrey plays Erin Glynn here, and Annest Haf in Gwaith/Cartref - two characters that are strikingly different!

Me, too! And you’d think after that terrifying episode in the car with Rhodri when she first went to meet the Glynns that she’d be a bit more careful of handing her baby off to a stranger!

2 Likes

Slightly disappointed that Matthew Gravelle hasn’t had a bigger part so far, and that his Terry has to kowtow to the ofnadwy DI Williams so much. Maybe he will blossom out in the last 3 episodes.

I’m guessing that those of the appropriate persuasion might regard Evan as a bit of a hunk, so it’s a shame they have been deprived of their eye-candy (there is only so much you can do with flashbacks). So I’m betting that he is still alive and will appear in the last episode or before.

Outlandish prediction: there will be a shoot-out between the two lots of gangsters, in the middle of which Faith will be caught. Steve will attempt a rescue, but will be fatally wounded in the attempt. He will confess his undying love for Faith in his dying moments, overheard by Evan who will effect an actual rescue. But he’s so much of a proper gent that he will silently overlook the possible infidelity of “Faith” (ha!), and they and the three plantos (Copyright: @cat-1 & @johnwilliams_6 :wink: ) will live happily ever after, the gangsters having all shot each other… :slight_smile:

1 Like

I agree I’d like to see more action for Matthew Gravelle - he’s an excellent actor. And yes, DI Williams is ofnadwy iawn!

I didn’t realize until today that Eve Myles and Bradley Freegard are married in real life (bywyd go iawn?) I did know Mali Harries is married to Matthew Gravelle.

Love your “outlandish prediction” - very creative! A massive shootout leading to a fairytale ending :grinning:

1 Like