Anyone for a meet up in Sheffield?

Hi guys I moved up to Sheffield from Wales a few months ago, I’d be good to have other learners to speak to up here, I’d be well up for a meetup if there is one!

Hi the Sheffield group never got going but I live in Chesterfield and am happy to try to meet up sometime. Ruth

Hi Ruth.
The Saturday dates in Sheffield frequently clashed with another monthly gathering of mine, so I only ever made one of them. It is a shame the Sheffield group appears to have ceased altogether, but is anything happening on a regular basis in Chesterfield? Desperate for more regular practice. Paul

Hi. No there is nothing happening in Chesterfield.

Hi Paul
I go to the Leeds SSIW meetings. They meet every 4th Saturday in a pub just by the station. We try to ‘dim Saesneg’ Raymond keeps us entertained with various learning games. Check the Leeds meetings on the forum.

1 Like

Just joined the site. Learned a little Welsh when I did my nurse training 20 years ago. Just found the Leeds meet up thread and they mentioned a Sheffield group but I see it is not meeting regularly. I did the Cwrs wlpan many moons ago and am hoping doing SSIW course will bring a little of this back.

1 Like

Unfortunately the Sheffield group never took off due to lack of support, possibly due to timing and venue. That was over 18 months ago. Perhaps in the future someone might be willing to try to start a group again.
Ruth

1 Like

Well going to Leeds is no hardship. See you there in 2017. :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

I’d be interested in joining a weekday evening sheffield group if anyone fancies having another go at getting this off the ground :slight_smile:

1 Like

Sheffield U3A have 3 Welsh groups, organised by Steve Collette, his email address is listed on Derby Welsh Learners Circle website see www.derbywelshlearnerscircle.blogspot.com, he has been in touch with DWLC regarding arranging a joint Derby -Sheffield taith gerdded Cymraeg in May or June

1 Like

Hi
I go to a U3A group in Sheffield, though they are in the daytime. I also belong to the SSIW group in Leeds , which is thriving, see their link. I could be interested in meeting up in Sheffield.

1 Like

I am a relative beginner but I would also be interested in a Sheffield meet up. Although would depend on timing.

1 Like

Shwmae! New to this forum but I’ve been learning Welsh on and off for a bit. I’m okay-ish at writing but hopeless at speaking so could definitely use some practice. I can’t do weekends or daytime but would be up for a weekday evening meeting in Sheffield if anyone is. Nothing too formal - preferably in a pub!

1 Like