Anyone for a meet up in Sheffield?

Thanks Hilary. Hoping to be there. Ruth

After asking about attending it turns out that thereā€™s a family wedding happening on the 13th that Iā€™d already agreed to go to then forgot about ^_^;;
Iā€™d definitely be up for one if another happens in the future though.
Sorry, and thanks

Ill be there, see you Saturday!

I should be there :slight_smile:

What time is everyone aiming to be there tomorrow?

Aiming to be there 1 -1.15 ish and parking hopefully across the road.

Great. Iā€™ll be there around 1ish I imagine.

Best of luck for your inaugral meet-up in Sheffield!

Remember that it may be difficult to speak Welsh at first - if thatā€™s the case, just watch your English closely, and try to say some of what youā€™re saying in Welsh, either before the English leaves your mouth, or immediately after (or 5 minutes later, in a ā€œHey, I could have saidā€¦ā€ kind of way!)

And enjoy the company of fellow learners / new speakers - itā€™s the absolute best way to practice.

Enjoy!

Iestyn

1 Like

Diolch Iestyn! I only used my Welsh for the first time ā€˜in the wildā€™ about a month ago and it was great. Iā€™ll keep your tips in mind for sure :slight_smile:

Hmm. Iā€™m here now. Canā€™t find anyone thoughā€¦
EDIT: Found everyone :slight_smile:

dwi wedi mwynhau ddoe. Edrych ymlaen i cyfarfod nesaf

2 Likes

Oedd yn dda i gyfarfod pawb!
So, next time we will all bring a pre-prepared short introductory piece to read to the rest of the group. Hopefully this will help to get the Welsh conversation flowing, whilst also giving everyone a chance to speak.
Hopefully those who werenā€™t able to make it was be able to come too. The more the merrier of course.
July 11th?

Helo bawb. Is it a conspiracy? I cannot make the 11th July either as in Chesterfield most of the day (canā€™t change that as Iā€™m leading a group (not welsh). Iā€™m really keen to meet up sometime, please keep me in the loop. Paul

Oh dear Iā€™m sorry Paul. The plan is to try and make it the second Saturday of the month so hopefully one will work for you in the end.

I checked with the Hagglers on my way past yesterday and they are open as usual from 12 on Saturday. Until twelve there is an ā€˜early morning rave for parents and childrenā€™ so for people arriving early there may be more small humans around than usual although hopefully raved out by then! The cafe expect things to be back to normal by the time we meet at 1pm. I will be at one of the outdoor tables again unless I absolutely canā€™t get one.

Iā€™m working on my couple of sentences about myself now (left it late meā€¦er wellā€¦ :blush: ) We also enjoyed a game of I went to market and I bought in welsh last time so if like me your vocabulary of Welsh nouns is actually quite small then I recommend looking up a couple of items to get you through your turns as you pick up many more from the rest of the group!

look forward to seeing those of you who can join us on Saturday.

Hilary

See you all tomorrow. Ruth

Hopefully make it on the 8th Augustā€¦ donā€™t get too far ahead of me, please! Paul

Well I had fun today! with only two of us we managed to use a bit of Welsh, put the world to rights talk about Aranā€™s 7 stages of language learning, different Cymraeg apps and ways to access Cymraeg media weā€™ve tried shared the information we prepared about ourselves and played a game of ā€˜I went to Market and I bought:ā€™ yn y Gymraeg allowing me to practice saying Dwi 'di anghofio be ddudest ti." on many occasions! Not bad for an hour and a bit.

Donā€™t worry about being behind or ahead Paul. We all know different amounts of Welsh and weā€™re there to share the experiences weā€™ve had so far and have a go in the company of new people with the option of food and drink at the same time!

That said I am away for the 8th of August. There is no reason why people canā€™t meet at that venue without me and I am happy to check that they have no clashing event as usual before I go away. However if you are thinking of coming on the 8th August it might be helpful to post your plans on the forum so those people who travel from outside Sheffield do not have to risk coming and finding no one to talk to yn y Gymraeg.

I will be back on the 12th September.
Hilary

If people are going to be meeting up in Sheffield on 8 August I could definitely make it as I could come down after morning football coaching in Dronfield. Let me know if something is happening.

Will be in Czech on September 12th and not able to make it - though hoping to possibly connect up for a Welsh chat in Brno at that point :smile:

Hi, I am free to meet up. I assume same place - Hagglers Corner and again assume 1pm? Paul

Hi everyone,
Well, itā€™s the first day of the football season tomorrow (dw iā€™n licio pĆŖl-droed yn fawr iawn), and Iā€™ll be in Chesterfield for the match. Hope everyone has a good time, and hopefully Iā€™ll be at the next one (depending on fixtures).
Hwyl am y tro!
Oliver