Any one want to be my 3 min swap partner :)?

Just finished Level 1, lesson 2. It took me about a week, and after doing it for the second time today it suddenly clicked. If anyone wants to be my partner that would be great! Looking forward to talking to you!!

2 Likes

Well done for jumping in! Hope you find someone to do a swapā€¦ :sunny:

Iā€™d like to volunteer if you havenā€™t had any takers yet, please!

1 Like

What is a ā€œ3 min swap partnerā€?

If it is to do with speaking Welsh, I might be interested in giving it a go, depending on what it entails.

Hi Owain, Thanks for the reply! The 3-minute swap is described here in a message after Level 1, Challenge 2:

ā€œIt may sound mildly terrifying, but now would actually be a brilliant time for you to start looking for a practice partner on the forum, and planning a weekly ā€˜3 minute swapā€™, where you say whatever you can think of in Welsh for 3 minutes, and then your partner does the same. People who do this see a huge difference in their ability and their confidence.ā€

I finished Course 1, Challenge 3, yesterday so my knowledge is fairly restricted!! (but Iā€™m game enough to give it a go, esp if I have a glass of wine before hand :smile: (or a cup of tea!)

1 Like

I think this would probably be the magic sauce :sunny:

Iā€™ve also just completed level one challenge two and generated this message. Iā€™d love to be a 3 min swap partner with either of you if you are still looking for someoneā€¦

1 Like

Hi Hilary, I am indeed! Iā€™ll try to PM youā€¦ :slight_smile:

1 Like

I am only halfway through level 1 but also up for any practicing
Jenny

1 Like

Hey, Sukey,Jenny, and Hilary. Thanks for volunteering! I thought nobody cared :frowning: . So how do we set this up? Iā€™ve never done anything like this before. And by the way, how do I PM?

I have PMā€™d you!

It was lovely speaking to you today Susan.
Would love to talk to anyone else though I did struggle a bit with things to say

We did discuss meeting up as a group on skype if anyone is interested?

I canā€™t imagine 3 minutes swap. I wouldnā€™t even open my mouth (in Welsh) in those 3 mins. :slight_smile:

I have spent quite a lot of it practicing the Cymraeg for ā€˜I canā€™t remember what I want to sayā€™ and "Iā€™ve forotten how to say what i wanted to say.ā€™ However I keep telling myself that even if I end up just repeating sentences I learned in the first challenge, forget all my new material make tonnes of mistakes and am impossible to understand it doesnā€™t matter. In fact itā€™s letting me practice speaking less than perfect Cymraeg complete with mistakes and pronounciation errors in front of a stanger so I can be more confident and easier to understand when I finally dare to take my Welsh out in the wild. If you ever feel like throwing caution to the winds and trying it with me on Skype drop me a PM. From your other posts you have studied much more than me so I will only pick up the odd word of your Cymraeg at the moment andyway :smile:

1 Like

And right there, ladies and gentlemen, is the perfect attitude :sunny: :thumbsup:

Itā€™s messy and out of control to start doing three minute swaps, particularly early in the process - but it will push you forwards faster than anything else I can think ofā€¦ :sunny:

2 Likes

Iā€™m on for the three minute swap - any takers ?

Richard (Skype : Richard636363)

3 Likes

Hi Richard,
Not sure if you got my message on the forum? I sent you another message on your skype.

1 Like

I was listening to two famous musicians discussing ā€˜horror gigsā€™ and the view was the same - that wherever the big mistakes are is the place you learn fastest. ā€œGo towards the fearā€ was the advice. Itā€™s true in my view, but it doesnā€™t stop you looking back and wincingšŸ˜‰

2 Likes