Android app testers for bug fixes required

My brains have melted. :slight_smile: Have no ideas anymore then ā€¦ Sorry I couldnā€™t help though. :frowning:

Youā€™ve been added to the beta test group. So the update should download soon.

1 Like

Mine hasnā€™t updated either and play store only had old version

Well, it has been 9 hours, and it hasnā€™t updated. I tried telling the app to update, but all that did was look for lesson updates. Any other suggestions?

EDIT: Finally got it to update going through ā€œMy Appsā€ on the Play Store. whew!

Now I have a strong feeling something is wrong with Google Play store. So many people getting old version when ā€¦ (oh, you all probably did join Google+ group as instructed and sign up for testers first? ā€¦)

This appears really weird already

Iā€™m still stuck on version 11. Iā€™ve hunted around in Playstore and found ā€˜My Appsā€™ but what did you do next Sionned to get it to update? I have Auto-update ticked and I canā€™t see where I can force it to update to the later version.

First, go to playstore on the device, not on the computer. When you get to the list of ā€œmy appsā€ (through a menu thing in the top left corner of Apps) on your phone/tablet, you should be able to scroll down through the installed ones that ā€œneed updatingā€ (there are a lot that I donā€™t use so I donā€™t update) to find SSiW. I have ā€œauto updateā€ checked on that one, too, but I still had to find it in the list, where it said I had an update available.

Hope that works for you Dee.

1 Like

I did that, but mine has the SSiW app in the ā€˜Up to dateā€™ section. I canā€™t see anyway to get it to update.

YES!! Iā€™ve done it! I had to go into the Playstore on my PC, select the SSiW app, and tell it to install again. Even though it was showing 1.0.11 in the Playstore it ran an update and I now have 1.0.14 showing on my tablet. What a painful business!

1 Like

In playstore it will always show 11 because those of people who are not beta testers will get that one installed until 14 is released for public use. (at least I believe itā€™s so). Am I right @theblacksparrow?

That makes sense. Once Iā€™ve had dinner Iā€™ll give it a testing session :slight_smile:

1 Like

Sounds logical to me!

1 Like

OK, I havenā€™t done heaps of testing yet, but one thing Iā€™ve noticed on both my phone and my tablet, itā€™s showing 2 versions of Challenge 1 in the new Level One course for the South. The first one is Iestyn speaking, the second one is Aran :smile:

EDIT: and skipping through the second one quickly it appears to the Introduction text. Itā€™s explaining how SSi works.

1 Like

As much as I can recall I believe you have to be on ā€œrightā€ region on each and every device separately what means if youā€™re on North course on tablet you wonā€™t neccessarly be on phone aswell. So thatā€™s why this oddity might happen.

1 Like

I am guessing that someone has added to the Intro to the southern course, and not done the title correctly!

Thanks for letting us know

1 Like

@Kinetic - could you double check this, please? And fix it (even if it turns out to be my fault?!) :sunny:

1 Like

Iā€™m not sure why this is happening, but I know what itā€™s related to. Do you remember something a few weeks ago where I tried to fix a problem with the Introductions, but it blew up something on the apps, and I was asked to make two copies of the intro as a workaround? Thatā€™s this lesson. There are two identical copies of the Introduction file, one marked with the North region and one with the South. I donā€™t suppose the app is accidentally displaying both rather than just the one from the appropriate region?

1 Like

I remember the two intros thing, and it is related to that.

Itā€™s because the intros are actually part of Challenge 01, rather than being lessons in their own right. We pick up the name of the lesson for display purposes, rather than the file (because some of the files have less than friendly names).

3 Likes

There is nothing marked ā€˜Introductionā€™ showing in the App (South), so itā€™s a bit confusing when the first Challenge 1 starts with Iestyn saying ā€œIf you havenā€™t listened to the introduction please do that before starting this challengeā€. Then the second ā€˜Challenge 1ā€™ is Aran giving the introduction, so there doesnā€™t appear to be a southern version.

We have identified the issue and the intro should appear with the correct title and in the right place fairly soon!

2 Likes

I signed up to become an app tester but havenā€™t been able to update the app. When I press the update button in the app it says could not refresh member only content. Although I have just had a thought that this might relate more to level2 and 3 lessons.
There isnā€™t an update option on my app settings. Any idea?