Android app testers for bug fixes required

Rotated device when login in progress. Screen rotates and I manage to be logged in anyway. No errors occured.

It did prompt me to (optionally) put my e-mail in. (Don’t worry about this screenshot. I won’t cry if someone sees my e-mail. :slight_smile: )

I also managed to send the “bug” report so you can probably see it in the logs.

Bug report received, thanks. I’m impressed that the dialog buttons appear to be in Slovenian!

Any luck yet?

No sorry,still the same. I’m going away later today so can’t try again for a couple of weeks now.

Well, obviously my phone language owerwelms all the other thingys :slight_smile: regarding buttons and stuff. :slight_smile:

I’ve got new version immediatelly (a while ago as I’m already member of the group) after registering as a tester. Interestingly enough the app now didn’t update automatically from version 1.0.13 to 1.0.14 but I had to do it manually. No errors reported due to memory of my phone so I know google play didn’t try to update automatically.

I haven’t even got 1.0.13! I can’t get past 1.0.11 for some reason.

@theblacksparrow would it help if @Deborah-SSi downloads directly from group site? I did this actually for the previous version and even then got to confirm I’m a tester on Google play. :slight_smile:

Who knows!

I’ll have to investigate further when @Deborah-SSi returns from #steddfod2015

2 Likes

Sorry if I missed this way back when in the thread - which region of the store do you use?

Hmm, I didn’t know the store had regions. I just click on the icon that’s on my tablet, but I’ve tried to see if it shows anything about regions and I can’t see anything. Where should I look?

I’m not much of an Android user so I don’t really know, sorry Dee. I did find http://android.stackexchange.com/questions/42347/how-do-i-change-the-google-play-country though, which might have something useful.

I don’t think that can be the issue though Kev. The article talks about things being in the wrong currency. Everything shows Sterling to me if it’s something that I have to buy so Google Play seems to know I’m in the UK.

I didn’t claim that that was the issue :smile:

Good to have eliminated it, though.

@dee why not doing as I’ve suggested above?

It can do no harm I believe.

I’ll have a go Tatjana, thanks. Right now I’m still in “need to catch up on sleep” mode, so not concentrating very well :smile:

1 Like

You mean “dreaming mode” - hehe. I still feel after a week as if I’m not qute on this planet yet but had way not so great holidays as you did and mine were way shorter. But on Monday … Can we have 7 Sundays please? :slight_smile:

Hmm… after reading through this thread, I went to check the app on both my phone and tablet. Both are 1.0.11 and neither suggests that an update (even to .12 or .13) is available. I have requested “tester” status (or whatever it is called) at the above link. I will be curious to try to figure out how to update to the ‘latest and greatest.’ >wink<

Hmm… when I go to the Play Store and search for SSiW (rather than going through “My Apps”) what it brings up is still listed as 1.0.11 and no updates available. Feel like I’m in the twilight zone . . .

I’d do like I suggested @Deborah-SSi to do. I did so with previous beta test app and it worked that way. I hope it works for you both aswell.

Well, when I do that, I still get version 1.0.11 Doesn’t seem to be a way around that; Play Store only has that version, apparently.