A new welsh language radio App

Helo pawb,

Hopefully this is okay to put on here, but feel free to remove if not…
As a self-confessed radio anorak, (and following some quite major changes in the industry,) I’ve put together a website/app for listening to radio stations that broadcast at least 50% Cymraeg. It’s a bit of a listen along directory, if you you would. And, in the odd chance it is of interest to anyone, it’s viewable HERE

Any feedback or suggestions of other stations to include are very much welcome :slight_smile:

7 Likes

Radio Beca is still going isn’t it? http://www.radiobeca.cymru/

Radio Beca seems to have fallen a little silent recently. They used to occasionally broadcast shows on Cymru FM, but their website & social media doesn’t appear to have been updated in a while :frowning:

:frowning_face: That’s sad.
Also I sometimes put Blas FM on, it’s only internet radio and just seems to be a rolling playlist folk music station, but it’s another source?

1 Like

Cheers for that. I’ll try and get the credentials to add it to the list :slight_smile:

Unfortunately I’ve not been able to add Blas FM to the app, as it is a subscription service - a free one, but one which requires you to sign up before listening. :frowning:

Hope it’s okay to revive this old thread…

Recently I’ve been trying to immerse myself in the language by listening to Welsh language radio whilst at work and around the house. During this time, I’ve come across a few new (to me) radio stations that broadcast a high proportion of shows yn Cymraeg. In the off chance these are of use to anyone else, I’ve provided a list below, and updated the Radio Cymraeg App.

BBC Radio Cymru is the national Welsh language radio service provided by the BBC. This station has a bit of everything, and can be a sort of “lucky dip” if you haven’t seen the schedule :smiley:
BBC Radio Cymru 2 for most of the time broadcasts the same output as BBC Radio Cymru, however there is a daily ‘light hearted’ breakfast show, as well as various special shows during events such as the Eisteddfod.
Radio Aber is a new bilingual community radio station aimed at the nice folk of Ceredigion. As the station is still in its infancy, a large portion of its output consists of back-to-back music, however there are regular presenter-lead shows, with more being added all the time.
Capital Cymru This bilingual station is aimed at a younger audiences, and consists of dance/top 40 music. Radio presenters broadcast entirely in Welsh between 6am & 7pm Monday to Friday and 9am & 4pm at weekends with music and adverts fluctuating between English & Welsh.
Cymru FM is a 24/7 welsh language music service, with occasional shows from individual presenters & groups (e.g. learners groups, community groups, schools, etc.) This station broadcasts entirely in Welsh.
Môn FM is a bilingual community radio station aimed at residents of Anglsea (Ynys Môn). There are a wide variety of shows and music on the station, with a back-to-back music service at other times.
Radio Ysbyty Gwynedd is a bilingual service for staff and patients at Ysbyty Gwynedd (Gwynedd Hospital) in Bangor. Unfortunately, Radio Ysbyty Gwynedd has been affected by Covid and appears to be broadcasting only a few live shows, with back-to-back music and trailers at other times.

7 Likes

Brilliant Danny! What a great idea! I’ll pop this into the newsletter for you :slight_smile:

1 Like

Diolch Danny

1 Like

Diolch yn fawr!

1 Like

Neis iawn! Diolch. Gwrando yn America.

1 Like