2016 Questions?

Just to clarify, the entries in the visual art category are all photos or scans of the original work, not the original work itself, except for the photo Calon Ddraig which is the original photo (somewhat reduced of course).

As for your second point, I don’t know the answer to that. Trust to your gut feeling.
Dafydd

2 Likes

Hi, there’s probably a very simple answer but what does ‘no award’ in the voting mean.

In more traditional eisteddfodau the judges are permitted to come to a judgement that there is no entry worthy of winning the prize. No award is made. I don’t know how often it actually happens.

1 Like

Thanks very much.

Hello @Deborah-SSi and thank you for all the work you @dafyddyfelin and everyone else put into organising and running the eisteddfod again this year.
I have to admit I didn’t enter anything, unlike last year, due to lack of time, which brings me to my question, which is could you possible announce the categories any earlier, giving potential bards, artists, singers etc, more time to get their acts together?. This might possibly increase the numbers of people competing and so make the competition more challenging . Also, a little more time to vote could well increase the number of people doing so. For example, when I won the englyn in 2015 only a very small number of people actually voted for me to win but just a small shift in votes going to someone else could have changed the result.
Anyway, congratulations to all the winners and thanks and commiserations to all those who took part but whose efforts were not successful this year. It takes a lot of courage to come out into the open and test yourself against others, even though, as Dee says, it’s only supposed to be a bit of fun.

1 Like

Hi Bryan,

Thanks for your comments. Sorry we didn’t get the information out in time for you to prepare. We had a delay getting going due to illness, but a lovely group of people stepped in to help and make sure we did manage to run the Eisteddfod which was in danger of not happening for a while there.

Once we get into the new year and get this year’s Eisteddfod finally wrapped up, my intention is to design a questionnaire looking at things like the timing, the categories, and any other points people would like to raise that would make it easier for more people to participate. I’ll make a note of your comments above so I can add them into the analysis.

It seems pretty clear that people are still keen to enter the Eisteddfod each year, but now that it’s been running for a few years it’s a good time to look at how it’s been going, and finetune the way we do it.

2 Likes