How to set up and record using Clyp-it

It will only record in certain browsers.

Recording something first and then uploading it, is an option.

I’ve just tried it on my iPhone - no record tab displays - but I did manage to upload a file I recorded on the phone with no problem.

…what are you using - phone or PC - do you know which browser?

Rich :slight_smile:

Thanks! I’m using iphone and ipad, I think its google browser,

1 Like

Well because it will take you 3 secs to a fairly guaranteed solution, I’d follow the first step of this guide to record on your phone or iPad.

[Tiny questions with quick answers - continuing thread]

You can then use Clyp-it to load if you want - press the Orange upload button - the file hou’ve recorded will appear - I’ve just tried it and it works no problem.

(I can post some screenshots for a ‘step by step’ if it would help)

NYes please!! I’m loosing the will to live here!:rofl:

So this is a sequence for an iPhone - I have used Voice Memo because it is a standard App

Find Voice Memos App and record something

The Voice Memos App is in the Utilities folder…

I recorded a file by pressing the record button - I changed the name to Dyma fi

Go to Clyp-it and Load Your Recording
Press the up arrow…

Choose browse…

Choose your file…

Your file will load

Scroll down to find the link…

Copy the link…

Thanks for trying so hard to help, @rich, but we have now had to give up on both SoundCloud and Clyp-it as they give people too many problems.

Our Tech Developer has created our own in-house recording tool, and a small band of brave 6 Minuters are testing it now. Once it’s passed the test, we’ll make it available for general use. Until then, we’re just advising people to do the tasks up to the recording part, then skip it and wait for the new recording tool announcement.

1 Like

OK. To be honest they all work - pure curiosity has driven me to try them in my tea breaks… But it sounds like we have something better coming down the line…which can only be a good thing!

Thanks so much I will try!!!:blush:

Hi @roobat32

@Deborah-SSi is saying ‘hang fire’ - see her post above - so it sounds like you could wait if you want to (i hadn’t quite finished although the original instructions do cover the very end bit I think)

Here is my clyp.it link.
clyp.it/agcpfqws?token=fd2a032da4c0290671dae8a7ba4b03ee

Hi @andrew-graham

Have you copied the Direct Link above?..it doesn’t look quite right…

Hi @Deborah-SSi, I’m fairly sure I’ve recorded one word but the sound quality isn’t brilliant. I’m not sure where to put it now so that you can listen to it. This is the link: https://clyp.it/51chkfvx?token=064e48adc24a88161255deed124ce33a. Diolch, Sandy

2 Likes

Can’t access the record button,just takes me to iCloud. Bit fed up with it really. Maybe it’s because I have a very old iPad.

Hi @sylvia-walter

Have you seen this post from ‘higher up’?

Don’t have an iPhone. Or very much brain either,it has to be said. But thank you.

( it is the same on the iPad )

Da iawn @sandy-mather! That first word is just for you to practise using the recording software and hearing yourself speaking Welsh, so it doesn’t need to go anywhere specific. When you reach the ‘sentences’ task, you’ll be given a link to the place on the forum where the recording goes.

Diolch @ Deborah-SSi! I had to laugh when you said, hearing yourself, because it sounds like I’m speaking underwater :rofl: At least my Welsh friends in the village say they can understand me :slight_smile:
Diolch eto!

1 Like

Week 8 has asked me to use Clyp-it

I’ve now tried to confirm my email address - it keeps going back to unverified. I can’t record a sound file as it tells me that access to the microphone is denied.

I give up!