Y Gwyll, again

I really want to watch Y Gwyll in the Welsh version. I know someone else asked on here a year ago if it was available, and it still seems impossible to get hold of - the English version is there but that’s not what I’m after.

My question is whether anyone in SSiW has an “in” with S4C? I wonder if they are aware that so many people would be interested in watching it, if they decided to make it available to stream again or produced more DVDs?

My knowledge of how these things work is pretty much zero so maybe it’s more to do with the production company than S4C, or a rights issue… happy to be enlightened and I really hope that one day someone decides to capitalise on all the unmet demand that I feel is out there!

1 Like

It’s a particularly tricky one because it was produced by Fiction Factory in association with S4C, Tinopolis, BBC Cymru Wales, the S4C Co-Production Fund and ALL3MEDIA International ltd, so no one-stop-shop to approach.
Re-broadcasting and dvd runs are pretty much confined by broadcast rights and contractual rights - you have to pay to licence content for certain terms and generally have to pay again if you want to re-license for longer broadcast time or produce more dvds.

Oh blimey, that is complicated! Thanks for explaining Siaron. I’ll just have to keep looking then I guess…

1 Like

Just noticed this and people might like to know that Y Gwyll (welsh version) is available on iPlayer, if you’re in the UK, at the moment, all three series, only for a few months I think and they aren’t advertising it.

1 Like

Unfortunately, only seasons 1 and 2 are on S4C on iPlayer - season 3 is only available in English, branded as “Hinterland”. I keep checking S4C on iPlayer and on Clic for season 3, but no joy as yet.

Thanks for the tip! I did find series 1 & 2 on DVD in the end (quite pricey), but had to watch series 3 in English. Quite interesting how the change in language makes the characters feel different somehow.

I have the third series in Welsh on DVD. If anyone would like to borrow it, drop me a message.

Phil.

2 Likes

Ditto the second series.

I would love to borrow the third series at some point. Happy to pay for postage!

Yep, no problem, let me know your address and I’ll stick it in the post.

2 Likes

Awesome, thank you. I’ll send you a direct message

@phil-egan I’ll gratefully DM you to join the queue!

Charlie, could you forward the DVD on to Richard when you’ve finished please?

1 Like

Yes of course, thats not a problem. I’ll contact @RichardBuck when I’ve finished watching it.
Fyi, it arrived yesterday so thank you again for sending it

1 Like

Hi @phil-egan and @RichardBuck , sorry its taken me so long to finish this but I’ve just watched the last episode. Really enjoyed it thank you.
Richard I’ll pop it in the post tomorrow so keep an eye out for it!

Diolch both
Charlie

2 Likes

Y Gwyll 2nd and 3rd series (yn Gymraeg) now available to borrow. Just drop me a message.

Phil.

3 Likes

“Bump”