Y Goeden Faled

Has anyone been watching Cerys Matthews music prog on S4C? have found the background info into the songs very interesting.

Sorry if its already been mentioned, did have a quick check and couldn’t see it.

Yes, it is an interesting series, and. S4C had a folk week last month with interesting performances by a new generation of folk artists.

Really, really enjoying the series - so interesting and the performances are lovely.

We’re also really enjoying Gardd Pont y Twr (don’t know how to do toll bach - sorry!); another really sweet, informative, enjoyable programme.

S4C really do produce some excellent programmes.

S4C make some really modern programmes, the way they are produced and so on. I liked Gardd Pont Y Tŵr as well. The music in these shows particularly impresses me.

By the way, Sara, if you use Windows just go to change keyboards and add Welsh.

Thanks, Bontddu. I don’t use Windows, but perhaps the Mac has something similar. I’ll investigate…

I found this on an apple.com discussion:

Welsh is fully supported by OS X. If you go to system prefs/language & text/input sources, you will see there is even a Welsh keyboard layout, where you make all the special characters via the Option key – âŵêŷûîô. OS X has various fonts that support these characters.

Hope it helps…:slight_smile:

And on iPad / iPhone, all you have to do to make a â or ô is hold down on the letter until a set of letters with accent marks pops up, then slide your finger to the one you want. Not all of the Welsh letters-with-hats are available, but many or most are!

Have just discovered you can do that on an Android phone too :slight_smile:

What a font of knowledge you lot are! Thanks very much (and apologies for steering the conversation away from the awesomeness of Cerys Matthews).

So … Cerys Matthews. She’s awesome!

:slight_smile: I think this show in particular cries out to be available on DVD or otherwise preserved for generations of kids and adults.

I agree, it’s a wonderful series and I’d love to have it on DVD.

Re, the To Bach. Draig Technology have some useful free software which enables you to use a to Bach by using the Alt Gr key. Actually, Draig have been bought by someone else, by easy to find on Google.

Tahl said: Not all of the Welsh letters-with-hats are available, but many or most are!

ÂÊÎÔÛŴŶâêîôûŵŷ… yep, they’re all here! (On the iPad this is) :smiley:

Www, thanks, Gav!

Re; Y Goeden Faled – I discovered that all of the episodes to date are, at least for now, available on YouTube.

Episode 1 of Y Goeden Faled

Maggy Cooper
Re, the To Bach. Draig Technology have some useful free software which enables you to use a to Bach >by using the Alt Gr key. Actually, Draig have been bought by someone else, by easy to find on Google.

I’ve swapped laptops and wanted to download To Bach again, but I can’t locate it as a free download. Is it still available from the new owners?

I think I just found it:

http://www.interceptorsolutions.com/products/tobach

But there was a problem with it - path not found or something, then my Norton promptly removed it. Last time - over a year ago - I didn’t have any problems at all. Anyone else had any experience with it?