Wondering if anyone has come across Kizzy Crawford?

Just been listening to Lleuwen in challenge 12 and got me thinking of a young Welsh singer / songwriter we saw perform a few years ago now, her name is Kizzy Crawford. Fantastic voice and sings in both Cymraeg and English. Worth a listen - 'Shout Out' Live - Kizzy Crawford - YouTube
Hopefully the you tube link works and also a link to her website - http://www.kizzymerielcrawford.com/

2 Likes

When I was doing my last formal Welsh exam, 2015, 2016? we had to write a piece on some sort of Welsh culture and I chose to go and see her a couple of times, once in Pembroke (?) and once in Myddfai and then write my piece ready for discussion in the oral part of the exam. I love her work. She doesn’t appear to be performing live nowadays, which is a pity. She was diagnosed with Autism in 2020/21. Her sister Eadyth is also a singer.

2 Likes

I saw her live once at the Taliesin in Abertawe. And I remember now seeing a clip of her on a TV programme (I think), where she talked about her autism condition diagnosis. It would be great if she comes back to live work.

1 Like

If I remember correctly Kizzy Crawford played live at the independence rally in Merthyr Tudfil. We also watched the S4C programme about her in the Cymry ar Gynfas series where an artist is paired with a well known Welsh person and produces a portrait. Her episode still seems to be available on S4C via BBC iPlayer

Also more about the project here with the full list of artists and subjects.

1 Like

We’re massive fans of Kizzy - I hope she keeps on recording and gigging more and more, such a beautifully unique contribution.

2 Likes