Winners of the Online Eisteddfod 2015

A big diolch yn fawr to all who competed in our Online Eisteddfod. It was really hard to choose a favourite in each category, but here are the entries that received the most votes and are the winners for this year. Their forum name is in brackets after their real name, and the Ffugenw they used after the category.

• Maureen Beeson (Maureen Beeson) - Book Review Beginners (Mair Dancoed)
  • Jenny White (jenny_white_378) - Book Review Post Beginners (Broga Gwyrdd)
  • Cath Platt (Cath) - Beginner Prose (Y Berllan)
  • Bryan Roberts (bryanroberts) - Englyn Milwr (Tysilio)
  • Karla Quadara (Karla) - Traditional Song (CathGwen)
  • Joanie Schaffer (Joanie) - Cerdd Dant (Perl hudol)
  • Peter Ball (PeterJohnBall) - Visual Art (Ffidilynyto)
  • Gail Wilson (gailrichards) - Post Beginner Prose (Aerfen)
  • Carol Evans (carolevans) - Short Poem on ā€˜Iaithā€™ (Efyrnwy)

Congratulations to you all!

10 Likes

well done all. some great stuff there. Thoroughly enjoyed it.

2 Likes

Fantastic work, everyone, and huge congratulations to the winners!

Enormous thanks to Dee and Dafydd and the rest of the team for their tireless work to make this happen, arrange prizes, arrange T-shirts, and organise everything. :star: :star2: :thumbsup: :fireworks:

5 Likes

CONGRATS to all

2 Likes

Hearty congratulations to the winners for your creativity and courage in being willing to put yourselves and your work ā€˜out thereā€™ for us all to enjoy. You delight and inspire us, on this journey. And to all who competed, thank you, for you show the rest of us the wayā€¦

Gold stars to you allā€¦ And see you next year!

2 Likes

Llongyfarchiadau i pawb oedd yn cymryd rhan yn yr Eisteddfod!

2 Likes

Congratulations to the winners, and to everyone who participated! I really enjoyed reading/listening to/looking at all the entries. It was really hard to choose who to vote for. Thereā€™s a lot of talent out there. Diolch yn fawr iawn to Dee and Dafydd, too!

I was thinking that the winners would be identified by forum nameā€¦I donā€™t know how the real names match up. But it doesnā€™t matterā€¦da iawn, pawb!

1 Like

Yes, so was I or at least the names to be compared with nickname they gave for online Eisteddfod. But all who participated did superb work so congrats to all once again and congrats to the winners!

1 Like

Sorry, yes, I meant to put them there but had too many things to do today and missed them out. Iā€™ll fix them soon!

3 Likes

Llongyfarchiadau i bawb!

2 Likes

All nine winners are now listed above - fantastic result everyone!

1 Like

Diolch @Deborah-SSi I was going to ask for this too!!
and to all named

2 Likes

Superb work, @MaureenBeeson, @jenny_white_378, @Cath, @bryanroberts, @Karla, @joanie, @peterjohnball, @gailrichards and @carolevans - huge congratulations! Come on in and take a bow! :star: :star2: :fireworks:

3 Likes

Diolch o galon i SSIW am cadw yr iaith Cymraeg yn fyw. Dw iā€™n wrth fy modd I enill y cerdd ā€œIaithā€ er cof fy Nain a Hen Nain.
Llongyfarchiadau I bob enillwyr. Carol

6 Likes

Bendigedig - teimladol iawn. Llongyfarchiadau mawr iawn i ti, Carolā€¦ :star: :star2:

1 Like

Diolch i bawb am ddarllen fy stori fi. Dw iā€™n gwerthfawrogi foā€™n fawr iawn!!

2 Likes

One more of those pure voices I admire ā€¦ @Karla ā€¦

3 Likes

Diolch yn fawr iawn! Dwiā€™n hapus dy fod tiā€™n ei hoffi fe. :smile:

3 Likes

A humble bow to all the winners!

Llogyfarchiadau!

6 Likes

i too was delighted to learn Iā€™d won the Englyn, but the result could easily have been different as only 19 people voted. I got 31% which was six votes, two others got five votes each and two more got one vote each. The other vote is lost in rounding the figures. So, if only one of the two who had received five votes had got one of mine, they would have won instead of me.
So, i was lucky this time but i would hope that more SSiW members would take the trouble to vote next year so the results would be more valid.
Also, a lot of work went into organising the eisteddfod so @Deborah-SSi and @dafyddyfelin and everyone else involved deserve, not only our thanks, but more support next year

3 Likes