Whose coming to Eisteddfod Llanelli 2014?

I like it myself. It’s a lot easier to find your way around - logically laid out. It’s a bit of a mission from one end (Pavilion) to the other (Performing stage / food), but at least having that distance will help stop the rock bands interfering with the cerdd dant like in previous years :slight_smile:

Also, there’s a really cool set of curvy steps - that’s what those curved dotted lines represent, at the right-hand side of the “Council Field” on the map. (I’m easily pleased, me.)

It’s a gorgeous site and the Maes is making interesting use of the parkland space so there’s lots of nice places to sit and take it in. I’ve definitely got lost less! Usually there’s at least one block of stands I end up orbiting and never finding my way out of, but haven’t had that this year.

The bus queues are indeed an unholy mess though - if the Burry Port queue is full you can’t even get to the spot where the Llanelli queue starts!

Lovely to see everyone at the SSIW meetup yesterday, both old and new faces!

I really like the layout of the Maes this year too. At first I thought it was a bit strange, but I soon got used to it and it has a lovely open feel about it. Great to see the big white Croeso emblazoned on the hilltop above as well. I think there have been a few nice innovative touches here and there which have added to it - definitely easier to move about, and you work up more of an appetite making your way to the food area.

My last day coming up tomorrow - I hope they’ve finally sorted out the bus queues :wink:

My first time at the Eisteddfod Thursday, found the size perfect and easy to navigate. Maes D in the morning to listen to the welsh Learners choirs, great, but a little disappointed only a pull up stand for SSIW and no one near it to have a chat too. Well maybe next year. :slight_smile:

Dim bei pawb ,ma’ steddfod fendigedig…hope some of you were around to experience the joy of the finale concerts on Saturday evening and the raging storm that followed. When it blew over, round about 7.30 next morning it left a unique sense of community among the ‘survivors’ on Maes B . Dilolch yn fawr Sir Gar! Balch fi’r Cymro