Whose coming to Eisteddfod Llanelli 2014?

I’m planning to come to the Eisteddfod. Who else? And are there any decent campsites in the area?

I don’t know about campsites but we’ve just booked a Travelodge from Thursday onwards.

Anyone volunteering at the Eisteddfod? I’m thinking about it, though I’ll be working full time so can only manage the weekend days.

I’m planning to come to the Eisteddfod. Who else? And are there any decent campsites in the area?

Me too, was thinking about camping on the maes

I may be getting soft in old age, but wanted decent facilitates ie showers, toilet block, washing up facilitates, laundry etc ie a good standard tourist campsite.

I’ll be going probably on the first one or two days as it’ll be on my way back from Bootcamp. :slight_smile:

Definitely planning on being there! Probably staying on the Maes Carafanau.

Probably will commute this year where it’s only down the road. The Maes Carafannau did have showers and everything last year though.

Hi if you want to stay somewhere other than the Maes Carafannau and more off the beaten track there is a campsite at Pembrey Country Park, about 5 miles from Llanelli, past Burry Port.
Its my old stomping ground, the campsite is about a mile from the glorious Cefn Sidan Beach in a forestry. Great for walks or biking or looking for wrecks that have appeared since the recent storms!
Here is the link below for more information.
There is not much else around the area for camping, i.e. with tents but there is a caravan park in Burry Port called the Shoreline.
Don’t think there is any campsites in Llanelli as it is in recent years that they have been re-developing it old heavy industry areas along the coast.
There are bus services to Llanelli and another service called ‘Bws Bach’ that do more local runs.

I hope this is of some use!
Tricia

http://www.outandaboutlive.co.uk/Campsite-Finder/United-Kingdom/Wales/Carmarthenshire/Llanelli/Pembrey-Country-Park-Caravan-Club-Campsite.p1922.html

oh sorry the Pembrey site is only for caravans not tents! The only campsite that accepts tents is up in Crosshands,
http://www.outandaboutlive.co.uk/Campsite-Finder/United-Kingdom/Wales/Carmarthenshire/Llanelli/Black-Lion-Caravan-and-Camping-Park.p2093.html

Volunteered to help at the Eisteddfod from the first Saturday through to Wednesday. Form submitted a month ago without any acknowledgement of receipt. Anyone any idea what happens next and when I should expect a response?

Definitely planning on going and hoping to camp on the maes too, but haven’t looked into it yet.

Anyone know if Cymdeithas are running a campsite this year? Alternatively, a campsite with a pub in walking distance of it.

We are toying with the idea of going as a family to holiday in the area for a few days during the Eisteddfod week as there will also be a few of Aran’s family holidaying in the area at the same time.

There won’t be an SSiW stall this year, but I’m sure that we can get together for a social evening at some point during the week.

As I mentioned earlier we’re getting down there on Thursday the 7th and staying for, I think, 5 nights. A social gathering would be great for us on the Thursday night like two years ago but I’m not trying to influence this is any way. Ok, maybe just a little.

Sod it, can we have it on the Thursday night please? :wink:

I’ll probably try to get down but will keep a lookout for the get-together before I book.

There won’t be an SSiW stall this year, but I’m sure that we can get together for a social evening at some point during the week.

Have the stalls in the past not been cost-effective? Will there be any promotional opportunities on the Maes?

Have the stalls in the past not been cost-effective?

Heck no! Probably the least cost-effective thing we ever, ever do, and that includes the birthday party…:wink:

The birthday party was worth every penny. In fact it was nia perfection ((wicked smiley thing))

Wouldn’t it be difficult to say if the Eisteddfod stall is cost effective or not? How many of the cards handed out end with someone paying a subscription? Maybe setting up some sort of promotion code could tell you more about what brings in more paying customers and what is a waste of time. Maybe something for the future eh? :wink:

You’re right that we can do a lot more in terms of developing new code that will let us track what happens better - that’s one of the things that Ifan will be working on over the next year or so - but the bottom line is that we don’t see a change in our numbers of new learners during or after the Eisteddfod. That means any expenditure is getting a zero result, so our presence at the Eisteddfod has for the last few years been about giving as much as we can back to the SSiW community - and in fact, that’s what the Eisteddfod is at its heart - the biggest social scene in Wales…:slight_smile: