Where is your favourite place in Wales

Another place(s) I could happily spend many hours is the coast from Abereiddi to Porthgain in Sir Benfro. It’s the area with the Blue Lagoon slate quarry.

1 Like

This thread is making me homesick :slight_smile: My fave area of Wales is (we’re doing the Welsh names I see) Sir Benfro, where I’m from. I especially love the area north west of Hwlffordd, towards Tyddewi. And the Angle peninsula (not sure of the Welsh name … Penrhyn Angl i suppose!), where I went to primary school and which is pretty remote and beautiful with great beaches. (Sadly my old school, along with lots of other small village primaries in the area, was closed a year or so ago.) I spent Christmas in Dinbych y Pysgod, where i also went to school, and which is lovely but not so close to my heart. I love the Brecon beacons area too. I don’t know north Wales very well …

3 Likes

And not a knight of the realm callrd Benfro as i had originally written :flushed:

Did you ever look at the neolithic tomb in Penmaen Burrows?

I don’t recall that we ever did. That’s a bit surprising, since we visited West Kennett Long Barrow, Avebury, Stonehenge, Silbury Hill etc. quite a few times. I don’t think that we went up on the west side of Three Cliffs Bay. I do remember walking from Oxwich along the beach to Reynoldston Woods and Tor Bay, but we stayed at sea level. It was a very long time ago.
Sue

Long ago in another world, when I was a young airman, and lucky enough to be posted to RAF Brawdy, Sir Benfro. I was very fortunate to be able to fly over Angle, round the coast to Abereiddy and then up the to Aberporth in a Hawk jet. Sir Benfro is definitely up there in my favourites.

Sadly, at the time I was a bit too young to appreciate the area and the Welsh language fully. Girls, beer and motorbikes taking precedence…

2 Likes