Where is the Support Forum?

Trying to find out why Lesson 1 (North) stops part way through

Hi Susan! The support forum is right here, youā€™ve found it :slight_smile: Lesson 1 certainly shouldnā€™t stop part way through. Maybe something went wrong with your download? Could you describe at what point it stops?

2 Likes

Iā€™ve had this problem before and itā€™s been because it hasnā€™t been downloaded properly. Delete the lesson and download it again.

2 Likes

Same here quite some time ago. I did the same and it helped.

I am listening on line as I canā€™t find a way to play once downloaded ! But Lesson 1 stops just after we move to ā€œyouā€ Ti (?) and the sentence : as I hear it : ā€œTi isho sharad cymraegā€ ~ apologies for the spelling !

Iā€™ve listened to the whole (well it unfortunatelly couldnā€™t be whole though) Lesson 1 North and it ends at the sentence @Susan_ECM is mentioning for me too. So there obviously is an issue with it. Now Iā€™ll try to download it, however I believe Itā€™ll be just the same.

I switched to the old pages so that the condition would be equal to all who werenā€™t able to switch to new look and feel yet. I have downloaded the lesson and played it. It ends at 32:04 at the same sentence. I presume according to the lenth of the lesson only @aranā€™s outro and outro music is missing though but it can be Iā€™m mistaken. South lesson 1 is not ā€œcompatibleā€ with northern one so I canā€™t find out what is misses. It appears southern lesson doesnā€™t cover ti in first lesson at all. (well I forgot already a bit what Iā€™ve learnt in that first lesson but jumping throuh it ā€œtiā€ doesnā€™t appear anywhere). :slight_smile:

So thatā€™s abot this ā€œtestingā€

Diolch Tatjana

Oh, well, I wish I could help but I donā€™t have this non-corrupted lesson downloaded as I do South course.

Guess I am not the only one but it stops before there is any comment like ā€œthatā€™s it for now ~ well done !ā€ So I am not sure that it is the end ~ as explained in the notes, this way there is no ā€œcontrol barā€ to indicate length, only ā€œPlayā€ and ā€œPauseā€ buttons. Any ideas ?

I downloaded it and listened it through entire lesson with Media player so I was able to control the time. it more appears to me that this lesson doesnā€™t end where it should end (with only dwi structures like souothern does) but is rather mistakenly prolongued a bit into 2nd lesson. Iā€™ll go and listen to the Lesson 2 later on to see if it starts with the same ā€œtiā€ structures as Lesson 1 ends and it will explain it all.

Well if one will do that before me then let us know what the result.

And yes, it surely doesnā€™t appear like end of lesson more like interruption in the middle of everything. @aran, any idea? or @Kinetic maybe?

The strange thing is only that no one until now didnā€™t complain about this. Was this here all the time and no one ā€œdaredā€ to complain or is this a new issue? Really interesting thing ā€¦

EDIT
Iā€™ve listened to the beginning of the lesson 2 and @aran says "Lesson 2 is going to build on the foundation of Lesson 1 ā€¦ " then the lesson starts with the sentence ā€œTiā€™n eisio mwynd.ā€ so this doesnā€™t confirm my theory.

Just that much that you know that there must be kind of error. Itā€™s just question then when it really cooured at all. :slight_smile:

Thanks for the heads up, folks - sounds as though thereā€™s a hiccup of some kind - Iā€™ll try and figure out whatā€™s going on tomorrowā€¦

1 Like

No worries @aran. I asume this was there forever and no one even noticed or didnā€™t ā€œdareā€ (or care) to report the issue so take your time. I was happy enough to investigate things a bit more and - hehe I have the first lesson of Course 1 Northern finally. I just did some practice along with listening and it was fun to do as the things in this first lesson even are not so different from South ā€œversionā€. :slight_smile:

I also found interesting that South version doesnā€™t cover ā€œtiā€ in this first lesson yet but North does. I dontā€™ know how much frustration this would cause me if doing from the beginning but I came to idea one should literally do both courses simultaniously - 1 south > 1 norht > 2 south > 2 north etc ā€¦ Probably the crazy one idea but it amuses me. :slight_smile:

Thanks very much again for flagging this up, @Susan_ECM - somehow, weā€™d managed to put an old file on that page - donā€™t worry too much about it, because Tatjana was right that it was just the ā€˜well done + musicā€™ that was missing - but if you want to hear the well done, you should be able to download the new file successfully from that page now :sunny: :star:

3 Likes