Where is Mynytho?

Is Mynytho the translation of a town in Oxfordshire - I know that Rhydychan is Oxford? Hope that’s how you spell it!
Judy Barrows

Mynytho is a village in Gwynedd, Judy. It has also become a place of pilgrimage for Welsh learners.

:smile:

O, reit :slight_smile:

Mynytho is a small, pretty village on the Llyn Peninsula, in the county of Gwynedd, North Wales. It’s not far from the town of Pwllheli and it’s where Aran, myself, our two young kids (boy and girl) and our Scottish Terrier, Beagan live.

We’ve welcomed many learners over the years, some just popping in for a paned or a meal and some even coming to stay.

Our house is on the smaller and we’ve quite busy lives, but it’s a comfortable and cosy home with a lovely garden, spectacular views over Cardigan Bay and there’s always a warm croeso to learners on a pilgrimage - in fact it’s always a pleasure to welcome SSiWers to our part of the world. .

Of course, the more warning we get that someone’s calling by, the more organised we are by the time they get here… :wink:

Catrin should have said: there’s always the best croeso in the world to learners on a pilgrimage

Corrected for you Catrin. :wink:

1 Like

in fact it’s always a pleasure to welcome SSiWers to our part of the world. .

Iawn te, dw i’n mor chywilydd, sori :frowning:

Catrin it’s lovely to see you on the forum, your online presence elsewhere is missed :slight_smile:

I’ve been threatening hubby with a visit to Porthmadog and Portmeirion for more years than I care to remember, so when we do, it would be great to pop in and say hello, perhaps late summer or early autumn.

1 Like

Paid poeni dim…:smile:

I’m sure you’ll get used to being remembered as ‘that learner from Cheshire who robbed Catrin of the simple pleasures of life’…:wink:

[Note to Ifan: can we fit that as a status description for Andy when we get to the profile info under pictures point?..:razz:]

Heh. Ooh, are we doing that? It’d be nice to be the Illegal Cow again :wink:

Gruntius posted - Catrin should have said: ‘there’s always the best croeso in the world to learners on a pilgrimage.’ - Corrected for you Catrin.

:slight_smile: Diolch Geraint, that’s very kind… You know me, any excuse to bake a cake… :wink:

Andy Gildon posted -

“in fact it’s always a pleasure to welcome SSiWers to our part of the world.”

Dw i’n maddau i ti Andy! I’m sure there’ll be plenty more opportunities for cake and a chat!

DavidHT posted about - Catrin it’s lovely to see you on the forum, your online presence elsewhere is missed :slight_smile:

I’ve been threatening hubby with a visit to Porthmadog and Portmeirion for more years than I care to remember, so when we do, it would be great to pop in and say hello, perhaps late summer or early autumn.

Very kind words diolch David! You’re both welcome any time! :slight_smile:

I miss you too on Facebook Catrin. Come back to us.

1 Like

Dw i’n maddau i ti Andy! I’m sure there’ll be plenty more opportunities for cake and a chat!

Ia, diolch, bendant. Dw i’n licio syrffio ger Porth Neigwl felly down ni 'n ôl yn fuan :slight_smile: Dw i’n mynd a’r ci am dro rwan, mae’n jyst fel syrffio y bore 'ma. :slight_smile: