What do I go from here?

Hello there!

I’m sure this has been asked many times before… I’m done all the challenges in all three levels (and have found it brilliant!), but where do I go next, Iinguistically speaking? Is it worth me doing the 6 minutes a day course, which I see is included in the subscription, or will it just cover the ground I’ve covered on my own by doing all the challenges?

My major problem is finding my way around the forum, so sorry if I could have found this answer elsewhere - the Welsh-learning seems a doddle in comparison!

3 Likes

I can’t answer the question about the 6-minute course, but I think that if you’ve done all the challenges by yourself (Congratulations!) it’s time to use all that lovely Welsh you’ve learned. Ideally out in the wild, if you live in Wales. But if not, please come along to the Welsh Speaking Practice group on Slack, and start chatting to us!

If you’re not yet a member of this worldwide group, drop an e-mail to:
admin@saysomethingin.com
with WSP in the title, and you’ll get an invitation. See you there!

The 6-minutes a day course will take you back to the beginning. There are (as far as I understand it) extra tasks set along the way in this course, but yes, it will cover what you’ve already done.

So as for what to do next, Bronwen is right, having conversations in Welsh now is a must but you might find some of the comments on this thread helpful too - What next after level 3?

Thank you so much, that’s very helpful. I live in Hertfordshire, so don’t get much opportunity to speak Welsh in the wild! I will try and join the WSP, as you suggest. It would feel very odd not to carry on with it within the SSiW environment. I feel almost as if @aran and @CatrinLliarJones are part of my family - and no, I don’t find Aran’s voice irritating (as is jokingly suggested at some point in level 2, I think it is…)

1 Like

Thank you so much for this. I will have a good luck at the replies on the thread you’ve highlighted. I had a first listen to the first recording on the Advanced just now and was happy to be able to understand at least some of it.

1 Like

Edit for clarification

The six minute course has been tough for me because turns out the six minutes are in addition to the challenges which are about 70 min/ week if you just run through them once :joy::joy::joy::joy::joy:. I’m focusing on just getting through the challenges - at 2/week it’s just too fast for me. I have done some of the extra activities but only a very few. I’m sure they would be helpful. Maybe I should do the 6 min again after finishing all the challenges bc it’s all breaking me. And I was at 13 before starting. So I haven’t got very much of the value of the 6 min part because I’ve been trying to advance on the challenges.

Having conversations in Welsh requires work as it would all be online with the very gracious & helpful hosts of get togethers on Slack. I’ve managed to latch onto one once. I’m going to try to figure out how to find that link again.

Anyway the concept & execution of the 6 minutes is great & would be quite efficient & effective - in fact I’m going to do these exercises for Czech when I get back to it.

Thanks. I’ve started on the older course, just to get some revision - it’s nice that it’s all so comparatively easy (starting at the beginning again) and you get some explanations, which I like as I’m a bit of grammar nerd!

1 Like

Oh I should check those out.

Hi Jane,
I live in St Albans, if you ever want to meet and siarad Cymraeg.
Amanda

Diolch yn fawr, Amanda. Syniad da!