Welsh Only - Carol service in London

That’s the language, not the people. All are welcome to a Welsh learners’ carol service on the 14th December at 6.30 in the Welsh chapel on Eastcastle Street (just a couple of minutes walk from Oxford Circus tube station)

. This is the third event in the last 12 months where all proceedings will be in the Welsh language. To help those just starting or might struggle with some of the words then there will be a handout with a full and direct translation. There will also be a five minute session where everyone will have a chance to speak Welsh with each other (again with help on the translation page). Mulled wine and mince pies afterwards and, for those who want to make a night of it, there is the chapel annex (well, not exactly, it’s the local pub). Additional information available on www.useyourwelsh.cymru.

5 Likes

I’ll be there - looking forward to it!

3 Likes

Looking forward to it.

EGCLL%20balcony

4 Likes

:sunglasses:

Just a reminder to anyone in London of the Welsh language only carol service in the Eastcastle Street Welsh chapel by Oxford Circus this Friday at 6.30pm. There will be a full written translation of the service so everyone will be able to understand what is going on. There will also be a short section where everyone can use whatever Welsh they have. Mince pies and mulled wine afterwards and some will almost certainly continue to the pub. Great to see you there.

3 Likes

I’d join in, but I’m actually performing with my Welsh choir for our Christmas concert that day! Have fun, though. :slight_smile:

Wps, that was for 2018. We were going to do one this year but ran out of time to organise it properly. Hopefully we will sort out something in the new year. Hwyl.

…Huh, that’s weird. I didn’t bother to check the year because this thread showed up under “new” for me. Sorry!

Don’t worry, this often happens on the forum for that reason.
Actually I am glad that this thread got bumped, as it is great to learn some of the words to the carols in Welsh on the event’s website.